Highwire sets the standard for high-impact communications and marketing for global technology and healthcare companies, connecting reputation to revenue. We are building a healthcare powerhouse and looking for a leader to help grow the practice and expand our footprint across the healthcare industry.
At Highwire, we believe that storytelling fuels transformation. And the most impactful stories represent all voices and perspectives. As a values-driven agency, we foster an inclusive environment where everyone—regardless of age, race/ethnicity, size, shape, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and different abilities–can feel safe, celebrated and worthy.
We ensure every Highwire Walker has unique support to climb to success. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging is permanent and foundational to our business and culture. We aspire to change our industry and build a better future for all.
Our people-first culture is driven by four core values:
- Inclusion Always
- Growth Mindset
- Team Empowerment
- Fierce Distinction
We’re looking for individuals with big ideas, strong opinions, and the energy to bring them to life. If you thrive in an environment that values personal accountability, high standards, and boundless motivation, this is the opportunity for you. Be part of our award-winning culture and contribute to an exciting and growing business where you can make a real impact.
We are based in San Francisco, with offices in New York, Boston, and Chicago. However, we are also open to hiring in the following states: Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington.
The Public Relations Vice President, Health Practice, position is a unique career-building opportunity to become one of the leaders for an award-winning technology and healthcare communications and digital marketing agency and drive efforts for our dynamic clients in healthcare, medtech, health systems, pharma, and life sciences.
As a member of our leadership team, the Public Relations Vice President, Health Practice, will be a hands-on team player, leading by example and championing our people and culture. This leader will be an energizing catalyst for growth with 10+ years of experience delighting clients, managing teams, and fostering a strong culture. The individual will also help drive new business for the health practice, coach teams as they build new areas of expertise within the healthcare sector, and build strong, trusted client relationships. This person will serve as a mentor, manager, and leader for our growing health practice, providing guidance on client management, staff development, and strategy. If you have been waiting to discover a leadership role that allows you to be a catalyst in a thriving, meaningful workplace, then Highwire might be just the place for you.
- Help lead the health practice and team to achieve strategic growth and distinction in the market
- Serve as a strategic partner to clients and direct high impact programs that help them meet their business goals
- Build and nurture long-term client relationships and grow business by providing leadership, direction, and strategic guidance to colleagues, day-to-day teams, and clients
- Generate organic revenue within existing clients by taking a broad view of the entire marketing and communications mix and offering strategic recommendations to expand the scope of work or bring new services to clients
- Identify and lead new business pitches to bring in new clients to meet growth goals
- Stay ahead of the shifts in the healthcare environment and provide guidance to teams and clients
- Develop strong media relations programs with timely, relevant and creative angles that will drive positive coverage for clients
- Manage client budgets, financials and profitability
- Oversee team staffing and resourcing to ensure high-quality work for clients
- Participate in an agency cornerstone (Outstanding Client Services, Strong Careers, Smooth Operators, and Excellent Clients)
- Work with integrated teams to provide clients with seamless multi-channel solutions utilizing traditional PR, digital, and social media platforms to deliver maximum performance and results
- Promote a high-performance and continuous improvement culture that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Manage, mentor, and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach consistently
- Monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance reviews
- Represent Highwire and key clients at high-level industry events, seminars, and conferences as required to maintain professional development and to build networking and new business contacts
- Minimum 10 years experience in communications, ideally both agency and in-house
- Extensive experience leading strategic communication strategies within the healthcare, medtech, health systems, pharma, and/or life sciences fields
- Strong experience in pharma, biotech and/or life sciences preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading or participating in new business efforts – including targeted outreach, proposal development and pitching
- Experience with integrated programs spanning digital, editorial and media relations
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output and experience using data and insights to craft strategic campaigns
- Significant experience providing communications counsel to executives and senior marketers and communicators
- Track record of delivering standout creative communications campaigns within regulated markets
- Business acumen in the areas of budgeting, billing and staffing
- Experience in building, managing, mentoring, and coaching communications managers and specialists
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Experience setting up measurement programs and measuring the ongoing ROI of communications activities
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Hybrid work model to suit your schedule and lifestyle
- Excellent vacation policy including an extended break for summer and winter holiday
- Participate in Empower Hours on Fridays; Team has the ability to log off by 3 pm
- 401K Match
- Medical and dental benefits/ FSA
- Paid parental leave</