Jessica Smith & Company
A Boutique Accounting and Tax Firm
Catering to clients in entertainment, real estate, agriculture, construction, startup, non-profit, and consulting.
Our mission is to provide our clients with financial and tax support that allows the visibility and understanding they need to be profitable and grow.
Our Accounting and Tax Experts support that mission to our clients by providing valuable up-to-date guidance, building relationships by instilling trust & confidence, all while using state-of-the-art tools and technology.
Your strength as an Accounting Expert will allow you to empower and educate business owners on their financials so that they can build successful businesses and get one step closer to financial freedom.
We are changing the way that people do their bookkeeping and tax by providing:
- World-class service
We want you to be a part of it!
- Evaluate/manage complex bookkeeping and tax problems, such as financial statements errors, chart of accounts cleanup, sales, individual and personal tax issues, unsolved A/P and/or A/R, payroll issues, merchant services, and 3rd party interaction concerns/questions
- Review financial statements and other accounting records to ensure accuracy and compliance with tax laws
- Use video communication software (Zoom or Google Meet) for front-facing customer interaction with access to virtual tools and resources, as well as opportunities to collaborate with experts and provide updates on assigned customers.
- Communicate effectively with clients to gather necessary information and answer any accounting and/or tax-related questions
- Utilize strong organizational skills to ensure client follow-up and communication are executed timely
- Prepare journal entries and maintain accurate records of financial transactions
- Perform account reconciliation, including the analysis of debits and credits
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Prepare and review federal, state, and local tax returns for individuals and businesses
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Bookeeper/Accountant and Tax Preparer or similar role
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations
- Proficiency in using accounting software such as Xero or QuickBooks
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify potential tax savings opportunities for clients
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in preparing tax returns and financial statements
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with clients and explain complex accounting and tax concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced virtual environment with minimal supervision.
Credentials/Certifications: QuickBooks Online Pro Certification and Karbon Certification are Required, prior to hire. CPA and/or CPB is preferred
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
Expected hours: 15 – 25 per week
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Work from home
Day shift, Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: RemoteApply Now