SunSource and its family of companies represent 200+ locations and 3,000+ employees, establishing it as one of North America’s leading value-add industrial distribution companies.
We specialize in providing customers with products and solutions within various sectors:
- Fluid Power
- Fluid Process
- Fluid Conveyance
- General Industrial Components
- Industrial Service & Repair
Learn more at www.sun-source.com.
Business Development Role
The Business Development/Mergers & Acquisitions Manager at SunSource plays a crucial role in driving profitable growth through the development and execution of the company’s acquisition strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of industrial, Fluid Power, Fluid Conveyance, Fluid Process distribution.
- Manage the entire transaction process, including relationship development, deal negotiation, and coordination of acquisition due diligence and integration activities.
- Utilize and document “best practices” from M&A experience for efficiency and creative structuring options.
NETWORKING, INFLUENCE, AND NEGOTIATION SKILLS:
- Engage with leadership throughout the transaction process, assisting in the development of business cases and integration action plans.
- Lead cross-functional teams for due diligence and integration planning on tight timelines.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS:
- Support overall management of the M&A acquisition strategy, performing preliminary market research.
- Manage the internal M&A pipeline through identification and screening of potential acquisition candidates.
STRONG FINANCIAL ACUMEN:
- Develop financial valuation models and perform scenario analysis to maximize post-transaction shareholder value.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or sales; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience within the Industrial, Fluid Power, Automation distribution business.
- 3+ years in an M&A role within the Industrial Distribution industry (Automation preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office tools – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel overnight – 40% or more travel is expected.
Explore SunSource’s core competencies in this video.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability and require an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact [email protected] to request reasonable accommodation. Only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned.