JOB TITLE: Controller
Chief Executive Officer
JOB PURPOSE: To perform a variety of routine accounting duties according to existing policies and procedures and support the Chief Financial Officer in completion of various responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconcile/review correspondent-banking accounts.
- Assist with general ledger account balancing.
- Oversee and update reports that are presented to committees and Board of Directors
- Assist in preparation of information required for the quarterly Call Report
- Reconciliation/review of various internal, bank-owned checking accounts
- Assist with departmental budget preparation.
- Assist with information required for corporate tax liabilities.
- Assist with financial statement preparation.
- Assist lower-level accounting personnel.
- Track Public Fund account balances and pledging requirements.
- Prepare quarterly ALM packet.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Process all investment activity including maturities, sales, calls, P&I payments.
- Oversee daily Fed Funds entries and work with CFO on cash needs.
- Complete the quarterly FR2900.
- Assist with report creation from core processing platform as needed.
- Oversee the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Banking regulations as they relate to bank’s policies and procedures.
- Bank’s core processing system
- Interact effectively with other departments.
- Organize activities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work independently with little or no supervision
- Make immediate, responsible decisions.
- Excellent detail orientation
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
This position may be asked to travel to necessary meetings, appointments, and trainings outside the branch work environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills):
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or a related field is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and email software and use of the Internet.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
All offers for employment with Paramount Bank are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Paramount Bank will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act. Paramount Bank’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents. Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women. Paramount Bank values a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.Apply Now