Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Certified Cancer Registrar with Parallon you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Parallon, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Unlock Your Potential
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Parallon family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Certified Cancer Registrar to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Certified Cancer Registrar you will be responsible for case finding and abstraction of cancer data for HCA hospitals.
In this role you will:
- Completes case-finding for assigned facilities, including review of pathology reports, the disease index, suspense list in Meditech and merging appropriate cases into Metriq
- Responsible for reviewing medical records to abstract information according to the standards of the American College of Surgeons (ACOS) and the appropriate State Central Cancer Registry
- Performs timely abstraction of assigned cases to ensure compliance with ACOS standards, i.e. within six months of patient contact
- Completes edit checks and makes appropriate changes on a timely basis
- Follow ACOS and state data standards and coding instructions to abstract all reportable cases
- Attend state and national educational activities as approved by Director
- Submit data to the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB) in accordance with the annual Call for Data
- Submit data monthly to the appropriate State Central Cancer Registry
- Resolve errors resulting in the rejection of records from the NCDB and the state data systems
What you will need:
High school degree (or equivalent) required; Associates degree preferred
3-5 years of Cancer Data Abstraction or Medical Records experience preferred
Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) designation REQUIRED
About Parallon and HCA Healthcare
Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Certified Cancer Registrar opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now