Here at FTI, our software tools are designed with our warfighters top-of-mind. We develop these tools to support the most efficient and effective decision-making for our nation’s defenders. We want you to bring your passion and expertise to contribute to that mission. We strive to foster a safe environment to collaborate, innovate, and share your ideas. At FTI, you will find an engaging and supportive team with an important focus; in our company, in our customers, in our communities, in YOUR work, and in furthering YOUR career. Join us to make an impactful difference in our future and yours!
Frontier Technology Inc Seeks Senior Advisory Business Analyst:
Frontier Technology Inc seeks an experienced Senior Advisory Business Analyst to support and manage the Naval Sea Systems Command (SEA 21/PMS 443), Surface Ship Sustainment, Ship Control System Program. Our ideal candidate will provide subject matter expertise to analyze a broad range of issues, deliver innovative solutions, and provide strategic assessments to influence senior Navy civilian and military decision makers. In addition, the selected individual will provide overall program and contract management of FTI’s project team.
- Analyze business issues, define requirements, and recommend automated system controls and protocols to solve organizational information issues.
- Determine operational objectives, gather information, and evaluate output requirements and formats.
- Work closely with end users to analyze, define, model, and document systems requirements. Identify project milestones, phases, and elements, and keep the team within timeline and budget.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams, study system capabilities, and write specifications.
- Develop organizational change management framework and conduct user acceptance testing.
- Maintain automated system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Create end-user documentation (e.g., user guides, process flow charts, training materials) and deliver training.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the planning and execution of the Surface Ship Sustainment, Ship Control System Program. Ensure customer requirements and objectives are met. Keep leadership informed of key issues that may impact the project or other results.
- Provide engineering subject matter expertise, technical, and managerial direction for problem definition, analysis, requirement development, and implementation of Ship Control Systems to support Navy surface warships.
- Make recommendations and advise clients on system development, improvements, optimization, and support efforts for both hardware and software in support of future fielded systems and system updates.
- Provide subject matter expertise on acquisition projects, system sustainment, modernization, and lifecycle costs.
- Work across Navy organizations to support customer objectives.
- Develop and lead a team of engineers and analysts to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Effectively manage project budgets, schedules, tasks, deliverables, and personnel.
- Work under limited supervision and direction in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess an active DoD Secret clearance (minimum).
- NAVSEA Program Office experience a plus.
- Recognized as an expert in the field with highly specialized skill to understand and support government acquisition decision making.
- Influences best practices to support functional and visual storytelling via briefing products.
- Conducts the most complex and vital work, unsupervised and with complete latitude for independent judgment.
- Understanding of ship/bridge systems, procedures, and operations.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ work history required, with 5 years total active duty Navy or gov’t support to the Navy experience.
- Navy Surface Warfare Officer experience is preferred.