People Passion Purpose
Everything School Specialty offers is designed for one purpose – to help students succeed. We believe every student can flourish in an environment where they feel safe and inspired to explore and grow.
We’re determined to positively impact the future, one child at a time. We need to talk if you share our passion:
Transforming more than classrooms.®
- School Specialty offers Medical, Dental, & Vision plans (Effective Day 1)
- Wellness programs
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited PTO for Salaried Exempt employees, which can also be used for dedicated volunteer hours
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Fall & Winter Flexible Hours
- Employee Discounts and much more!
Category Account Manager
Position is based out of the candidate’s home office and will be supporting California and Nevada.
Salary targeted range is $85K-$95K annually + quarterly commission incentive.
- Implement the category sales plan for an assigned set of strategic customers within their geographical territory.
- Assist in the development and maintaining a Category Growth Plan for each strategic account.
- Align territory Category Growth within the Company’s overall 21st Century Safe School value proposition.
- Understand complexity of customer account as it pertains to their category.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the territory’s category strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various levels of contacts including administrative staff, purchasing personnel, school Principals, Superintendents, and School Board members.
- Manage a travel & entertainment budget and budgets related to other business expenses.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 3-7 years successful outside sales experience required.
- Acceptable driving record, valid driver’s license, and insurance in a program compliant automobile.
- Ability to travel 80%, including overnight travel.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- 4-year college degree (Business, Marketing or Education preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel.
- Proficiency in the use of CRM (e.g., SalesForce.com).
- Sales Process Skills – time management, territory management, financial management, and question and probing skills.
- Builds networks including social media.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
School Specialty, LLC. is a Drug-Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Salary Grade: C12Apply Now