SunSource and its family of companies encompass over 200 locations and employ more than 3,000 individuals, making us a leading value-add industrial distribution company in North America.
We specialize in providing customers with products and solutions within various sectors, including:
- Fluid Power
- Fluid Process
- Fluid Conveyance
- General Industrial Components
- Industrial Service & Repair
Learn more about us at www.sun-source.com.
Business Development Role
The Business Development role at SunSource is crucial for driving profitable growth through the development and execution of our acquisition strategy.
The Business Development/Mergers & Acquisitions Manager plays a vital role, collaborating across functions such as Sales, Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, and Finance to identify and evaluate acquisition opportunities. This includes leading the charge through acquisition and integration, making it a true, full life-cycle role.
- BUSINESS EXPERTISE: Develop a deep understanding of industrial distribution, including customers, supply chains, competitors, and global market dynamics to uncover profitable growth opportunities.
- NETWORKING, INFLUENCE, AND NEGOTIATION SKILLS: Engage with leadership throughout the transaction process, translating business rationale and integration strategies into executive presentations.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS: Support overall management of the M&A acquisition strategy, managing the internal M&A pipeline and performing preliminary market research.
- STRONG FINANCIAL ACUMEN: Develop financial valuation models, perform scenario analysis, and maximize post-transaction shareholder value.
Experience and Education
Requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or sales; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience within the Industrial, Fluid Power, Automation distribution business
- 3+ years in an M&A role within the Industrial Distribution industry (Automation is preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office tools – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel overnight – 40% or more travel is expected
Explore SunSource’s core competency in our video: www.sun-source.com.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. (eeopost.pdf (dol.gov))
We participate in E-Verify. If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected] to request reasonable accommodation. Only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned.