If you’re passionate about making a difference…
If you’re passionate about helping people protect what matters most to them, as well as innovating and simplifying processes and operations to provide the best customer value, then Nationwide’s Property and Casualty team could be the place for you!
This role provides operational accountability and responsibility for the Individual Risk Brokerage business with Nationwide’s Excess and Surplus Wholesale division. As the leader of this team, you will face off directly to the Vice-Presidents leading their respective verticals and ensure day-to-day operational readiness of all platforms and process, derive detailed strategic roadmaps for the future and deliver upon the work necessary to achieve long term business goals.
This role is responsible for maintaining strong alignment with all value-chain and business support functions, i.e. Claims, UW, Pricing, Reserving, Technology, Data etc.
(internal use only).
Job Description Summary
Our team is a versatile group of individuals, working collaboratively to meet the needs of our customers. We value knowledge, strong business savvy and contributing to a stellar team environment. If you thrive in a busy, engaging work environment, we want to know more about you!
As a Director, you’ll be responsible for leading major process modeling, analysis and design efforts and be instrumental in development of compelling business rationale to formulate transformation. You’ll direct the activities and staff responsible for providing business performance management, organizational design and business risk management capabilities to formulate pragmatic, forward facing and meaningful business transformation plans.
- Directs all activities for team involving business transformation through the strategic application of people, processes, and technology. Team participates in business planning processes across multiple departments or business units by identifying complexities, dependencies, and duplications.
- Manages staff who consults on business process analysis, organizational analysis, needs assessments and cost/benefit analysis to align technology solutions with business strategies and directions.
- Leads associates involved with process management and consultation between business customers and systems area for development and implementation of new business processes and procedures.
- Provides direction and insight to leader, peers, and team members responsible for identifying critical elements of a business process that need to be managed.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information, business, mathematics, or related field strongly preferred. Graduate studies are highly desired.
Overtime Eligibility: Exempt (Not eligible)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Extended work hours may be required based on workload. May require occasional travel.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
We have an array of benefits to fit your needs, including:
- life insurance
- short and long term disability coverage
- paid time off with newly hired associates receiving a minimum of 18 days paid time off each full calendar year pro-rated quarterly based on hire date
Nationwide is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels challenged, appreciated, respected, and engaged. Nationwide prohibits discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any characteristic (or classification) protected by applicable law.Apply Now