Sales/Senior Business Development Manager for Engineering Services
Encore Semi, Inc. is rapidly growing and highly successful engineering services company. It provides highly talented teams of experts that are contributing to customer’s projects in SoC, platforms, and software life cycle. Our focus and promise are to provide high-value to customers, through acceleration, performance improvement, optimization, risk mitigation, or other high-impact metrics.
Headquartered in San Diego, Encore Semi has a large portfolio of tier1 customers across the entire North America territory. The Encore Semi engineering teams are deployed and developed where customers have the most needs.
In order to support the strong market demand and contribute to its growth in the Bay Area, Encore Semi is expanding its sales coverage and recruiting an additional Senior Sales Manager for the Bay Area region, directly reporting to the President.
This position is located in the San Jose CA, Austin TX, San Diego CA areas.
- Define and execute an ambitious go-to-market strategy for US customers.
- Define areas of focus, for highest revenues and best margins.
- Leverage personal and company industry network to identify new opportunities.
- Characterize customer projects and identify where & when Encore Semi can bring the highest value.
- Interact with the various customer’s engineering groups to understand their needs for engineering expertise.
- Define and deploy a strategy to leverage the existing pool of Encore Semi experts, and synchronize new projects with their availability.
- Develop intimacy and acquire a deep understanding of the target accounts and their way of working regarding outsourced/contracted services.
- Work with the Encore Semi engineering managers to shape appealing best value proposals for customers.
- Develop detailed job descriptions for the targeted services, map against the current pool of Encore Semi experts and work with the recruiting team to hire new employees if necessary.
- Continuously contribute to the definition and development of best-in-class sales / marketing collaterals.
- Contribute to the development of new business models and new commercial approaches to continuously adapt and innovate towards best financial performance (revenues & margins).
This highly strategic position requires developing and maintaining strong relationships with customers in the various technology domains served by Encore Semi:
- Advanced SoC/FPGA & System design
- Physical Design & DFT/DFx
- Constrained embedded software
- Challenging web/cloud software
- SoC / System / Platform verification & validation
A global understanding of the various phases of a SoC/chipset/platform/software development is critical to identify where and when Encore Semi can intercept and successfully engage in customer’s projects.
- Successful 8+ years of experience in selling engineering services combining hardware + software.
- Solid understanding of the semiconductor, system, and software industry in the Bay Area is required.
- Solid network of contacts in the semiconductor industry of California is mandatory.
- Solid understanding of the steps required to develop a Chipset and an electronic system is required
- Engineering degree is required.
- Prior sales experience could have been acquired in a context of software or hardware engineering services, processors, FPGA, EDA tools, or semiconductor-related software development tools.
- Proven track record of closing deals.
- Efficient verbal/written communication and negotiation skills.
- Reasonable understanding of contractual and legal terms, and their business/liability implications would be a strong plus.
- Excellent organization skills. Efficient responsiveness and ability to manage multiple projects and accounts in parallel.
- Ability to efficiently leverage the Encore Semi organization to achieve the best and fastest results with minimum energy. Ability to effectively present information and rapidly respond to questions from clients, management, and technical associates, with the help of the Encore Semi teams.
- High-interest and ability to rapidly learn high-level concepts of new technologies, new tools and new methodologies is required to maintain high technical credibility with customers.
- Self-starter; sets an example as a high-performing team member; has a positive demeanor and uses knowledge and organizational skills to achieve desired objectives; exhibits the ability to meet client expectations based on Encore Semi capabilities; supports other team members; takes accountability for individual and team objectives.
- Ability to maintain a high-quality work level even under stress and/or time constraints.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is between $100,000 – $120,000/ year + Commissions which also includes a comprehensive benefits package.Apply Now