Skip to content
Grassroots Email Writer (Contract/1099 Role)
- This position oversees the full cycle of email list management, from list growth to content planning to database management to production to reporting;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to synchronize email content with Courier Newsroom’s mission and local news coverage;
- Oversee email creation and production process to ensure materials adhere to high-quality standards and reflect Courier Newsroom’s brand identity;
- Write engaging copy that captures the attention of Courier’s grassroots email subscribers;
- Segment email lists to maintain high deliverability based on criteria such as donor history and active status;
- Conduct a thorough analysis of email performance and donor behavior to continuously improve email fundraising tactics;
- Monitor and report on key email metrics, such as open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and overall ROI for list growth;
- Contribute to the development and execution of innovative fundraising strategies to build and maintain relationships with our grassroots subscribers via email;
- Update and distribute regular reports detailing the performance and outcomes of email campaigns and fundraising progress;
- Implement best practices for email deliverability to maintain a strong sender reputation and high engagement rates.
This role will be a contract / 1099 position through 2024 and will not be eligible for full-time benefits.
- 1-2 years of experience in grassroots email fundraising, with a background in nonprofit, advocacy, or political work;
- Strong project management skills to manage the entire lifecycle of email campaigns, including planning, production, and reporting;
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting tools to measure email program effectiveness;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for crafting persuasive emails and clear internal communication;
- Innovative thinking to create compelling email fundraising appeals;
- Familiarity with best practices in email fundraising and content to maximize donor engagement and contributions;
- Proficiency in using fundraising software and CRM systems, with a preference for Act Blue and NGP-targeted email platforms;
- Proficiency in using graphic design software such as Canva or Photoshop;
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills to maintain complex databases and schedules.
- Proficiency in using Excel/Google Sheets.