This position is responsible for building and maintaining existing client relationships; creating comprehensive wealth plans and coordinated financial strategies to align with each client’s goals and values; seeking referrals by fostering relationships with centers of influence, existing clients, community involvement and other professional external client resources; acting as a key advisor to provide professional support to team members and assembling an integrated team of wealth management professionals (investment, banking, trust, insurance, etc.) to achieve/exceed business objectives.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills related to relationship management, business development, presentation, and sales to establish a trusted, client-focused, financial partnership.
- Build and maintain existing client relationships.
- Prospect for new business in the community and introduce them to Tompkins Financial services.
- Seek referrals by fostering relationships with centers of influence, existing clients, community involvement, and other professional external client resources.
- Assist Company in attainment of profitability goals and corporate vision by developing and implementing strategies to increase the scope of services to existing and potential clients to expand share of wallet and grow overall business results.
- In partnership with the other members of the client strategy team, accountable to ensure that the Company’s client experience standards for Financial Planning and Client Relationship development are met.
- Identify and engage other professionals to create a client strategy team for the client based on needs discovered and solutions needed.
- Act as a key advisor to provide professional support to team members and demonstrate an integrated team of wealth management professionals (investment, banking, trust, insurance, etc.) to achieve/exceed business objectives.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity in business activities to ensure confidentiality and sound business decisions that work towards client goals and objectives and are compliant with all regulatory requirements.
- Develop detailed and moderately complex financial plans using a structured planning process and financial planning software to provide a clear and comprehensive picture for clients.
- Community involvement duties to include, attending a minimum of 6 to 8 charitable events per year.
- Provide guidance to teammates to build their own client base and assist them with sales strategies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent specialized training/relevant experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ of solid experience in Wealth Management, Business Development and Relationship Management functions required.
- Proven ability to uncover client personal goals and objectives to create a personalized and meaningful plan.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort with adapting and delivering presentations to small and mid-size groups.
- Attention to detail with demonstrated ability to build effective financial plans offering a variety of solutions.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate flexibility and empathy.
- FINRA 7, 63 & 66 licenses, PA Life & Health License and clean U4.
- CFP, CPA or JD certification(s) preferred.
- 401(k) Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- 11 Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking throughout Tompkins Community Bank
- Employee Referrals
Tompkins is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) with respect to all team members and applicants for employment and a work environment free from discrimination (including unlawful harassment) based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender non-conformity, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, domestic violence victim status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, military or veteran status or status in any group protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information, please click here.
USD $95,000.00 – USD $144,300.00 /Yr.Apply Now