Company Name: AJR Trucking
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Full-Time
About AJR Trucking
AJR Trucking is a USPS Contract Carrier operating in the privatized sector of the postal transportation industry. With over 30 years of partnership with USPS, AJR is among the top 5 largest USPS mail haulers, exemplifying excellence in service and human resources management. The company operates across the United States, providing exceptional services for the United States Postal Services nationwide.
Job Description Overview
Transportation Sales Executive
The Transportation Sales Executive is responsible for the leadership and development of sales and marketing activities.
- Proactively identify sales targets
- Pursue potential leads
- Document all activities prospecting
- Network with clients to achieve established goals
The Sales Executive must have a sound business understanding to develop action plans, effectively use operating budgets, identify/analyze business trends, and make decisions supporting overall sales and profit objectives. This position plays a key role in the development, implementation, and execution of sales strategies through collaboration with the corporate executive team.
- Analysis, insight, and direction of new business opportunities
- Ensure achievement of sales forecast and profit margins
- Develop strategic objectives with a growth plan
- Foster a winning culture
- Build a network of customer and industry contacts
- Establish relationships with key accounts
- Exhibit strong operational knowledge of dedicated logistics
- Weekly huddle with the executive team
- Negotiate fair market prices at acceptable profit levels
- Effectively onboard new customers
- Communicate potential gaps in operational resources
- Drive sales growth within the Transportation division
- Conduct outbound sales visits, calls, and emails
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies
- Monitor industry trends and competitor activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing, Transportation, or equivalent with a minimum of 8+ years of sales experience in the transportation industry. Operational knowledge of dedicated third-party logistics is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Effective presentation skills.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer literate, PC and mainframe. MS Windows. Background in Pipedrive preferred. Valid driver’s license and ability to travel up to 65% with some weekend attendance required.
The pay is competitive, depending on experience, and will be discussed during the interview.
- Employer Paid Medical
- Life Insurance
- Sick pay
- Excellent opportunity for career advancement
- Employee events
About AJR Trucking
Our company offers job security like no other in the area. We haul the U.S Post Office Mail, ensuring fixed routes and continuous operations, providing unparalleled job security.Apply Now