Senior Specialist – Technical Sales
As a Senior Specialist – Technical Sales, you will play a pivotal role in the commercial/technical decision-making process of the sales cycle. Your responsibilities will focus on identifying and closing large projects, as well as driving incremental growth in specialized products at all levels.
- Calls on clients, management, and representatives to advocate for the desirability of technical products or services offered.
- Provides technical services related to specified products to clients.
- Conducts sales contacts, researches customer needs, and develops product and application information, demonstrating technology solutions.
- Gathers, analyzes, and shares technical information and solutions with internal and external customers.
- Offers first-line pre/post technical sales support for sales teams.
- Acts as an expertise resource in specified technical products, both internally and externally.
- Leads joint sales calls with customers and prospects.
- Assists account representatives in finding new sales opportunities through teaching and guidance.
- Participates in ongoing training to maintain technical competency.
- Understands market conditions, competitive forces, and identifies areas for growth.
- Recognizes industry trends and technical developments affecting target markets.
- Promotes the value of assigned products in competitive situations.
- Administers and implements marketing, promotion programs, and product launches.
- Maintains excellent relationships with vendor product managers and other selling resources.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering or Business preferred.
- 3-5 years of electrical industry experience as a manufacturer or distributor.
- 5+ years of sales experience in a related industry.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to travel 25% – 50%.
The expected salary range for this role is $72,000 – $90,000. This is the salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s compensation level within the range will be based on several factors, including but not limited to geographic location, experience, relevant education, qualifications, skills, organizational needs, and performance. This position may be eligible to participate in the company’s incentive plan. Wesco provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, disability insurance, 401k Plan, and Paid Time Off.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Wesco”), provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. #LI-RS2Apply Now