The Customer Engagement Manager Role at Jazz Pharmaceuticals
The Customer Engagement manager (CEM) role is designed to foster partnerships with National thought leaders, Regional thought leaders, and advocacy organizations and medical societies. This aims to optimize educational interchange, develop advocacy, and interpret/share market insights to effectively advance disease and brand awareness.
The goal is to create a positive thought leader experience that will differentiate Jazz Pharmaceuticals from peers within the Sleep Medicine field. This is a field-based position reporting to the Director, Customer Engagement. The customer-focused interactions are with physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, residents, fellows, advocacy organizations, and medical societies. This position will work cross-functionally with Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, Sales, Marketing, Compliance, and Market Access. This role requires the ability to travel up to 75%.
- Map regional influence networks. Identify and connect brand champions with non-loyalists, up-and-coming thought leaders, and new physicians entering the field from sleep fellowship programs.
- Gather insights from physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, residents, fellows, advocacy organizations, and medical societies to share with other function teams.
- Drive cross-functional (Sales, Marketing, Medical, Advocacy, and Home Office) coordination to align resources and stakeholders, and remove KOL barriers, enabling Sleep Medicine loyalty and product adoption. Each function will be responsible for tactical prioritization and execution aligned with their respective roles.
- Identify appropriate opportunities to involve Medical Affairs through the approved MIRF process when HCP interest in clinical research or off-label product questions are presented.
Regional Planning and Coordination
- Lead and partner on the development of and conduct regional education programs.
- Coordinate, lead, and maximize coverage of local/regional professional congresses and support field with advocacy events, where appropriate.
- Identify ways for medical centers to partner or support appropriate narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia patients.
- Use knowledge of reimbursement process and managed health care systems both internally and externally to enable an understanding of the financial barriers that HCPs face when starting new patients.
- Partner on identifying appropriate KOLs for presentations and discussions (i.e., POA, HCP symposiums, Sleep Medicine Conferences).
Key Opinion Leader Engagement & Development
- Identify areas of shared purpose where Jazz and KOLs can appropriately focus to bring value to the larger Narcolepsy and Idiopathic Hypersomnia community.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Sleep medical community including academic centers, teaching institutions, and related physicians with a focus on identifying needs and providing solutions.
- Seek out, foster, and cultivate the highest level of home office and regional relationship interactions to assess and communicate additional market opportunities, as well as create and participate in programs necessary to effectively enhance these opportunities (i.e., advisory boards, pilot programs, speaker programs, congress meetings, 1:1 meetings, podium observations).
Insight Generation & Sharing
- Facilitate cross-functional assessment of key field-insights to identify and prioritize those that could impact business priorities and/or strategic direction.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop plans, establish clear objectives, and key discussion points in all customer-facing activities at major professional congresses.
- Help facilitate interactions at congresses between KOLs and Jazz’s Senior Management.
Speaker Bureau Development
- Assist with identification, nomination, training, and monitoring of speakers.
- Work with field and headquarters-based colleagues to identify, contract, and train promotional speakers. Provide feedback to speakers on clinical aptitude, compliant delivery of content.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop a network of relationships within the medical community including practitioners, academicians, and advocates.
- Strong business and financial skills to manage a budget.
- Ability to drive business results by working with all relevant groups and network effectively across the Company and cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to drive successful project implementation.
- Strong understanding of the regulatory and compliance environment in which the pharmaceutical industry operates.
- Ability to champion opportunities identified by cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Understands the need for change and drives participation in change efforts. Flexibility in leading through change, driving through unexpected challenges to deliver on business imperatives. Operate in an environment with broad ambiguity.
- Ability to consider and analyze a broad range of factors such as policies, practices, and trends to make decisions, design plans, develop tactics.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Ability to collaborate effectively across functions in a complex organization and business environment.
- Ability to develop logical cases that effectively influence collaboration, alignment, and execution across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to apply effective communication techniques, engages in focused dialogue, and demonstrates good listening skills. An ability to translate medical information into succinct and impactful marketing messages. Ability to present to small and large groups.
- A proven track record in influencing without authority is required, and the ability to build strong followership across functions is critical.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Advanced degree in science preferred.
- Minimum 5 or more years field sales, product marketing, or medical/clinical experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Experience in the CNS specialty pharmaceuticals is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
Note: Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
FOR US-BASED CANDIDATES ONLY
Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices, and we strive to provide employees with total compensation packages that are market competitive. For this role, the anticipated base pay range is $144,000-$189,000. The exact base pay offered for this role will depend on various factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
At Jazz, your base pay is only one part of your total compensation package. The successful candidate may also be eligible for a discretionary annual cash bonus or incentive compensation (depending on the role),Apply Now