BGIS ITS is Hiring: Assistant Service Manager
Location: Remote, US
Are You Looking For
- A company that cares and wants you to achieve your career objectives
- A company that offers you flexibility on the types of rewards and recognition that align with your personal situation
- A company that puts you and your career first
BGIS is that Company
BGIS Integrated Technical Services (BGIS ITS) has built a strong service-oriented company using only school and field trained technicians. We take pride in treating all our customers with the highest degree of professionalism, care, and understanding.
In 2022, Millian Aire Enterprises became BGIS ITS after joining the BGIS group of companies, a global leader in the provision of integrated facility management services, including project delivery, energy & sustainability, asset management, workplace advisory, and real estate services.
With a combined team of over 500 commercial field technicians in the US (over 7000 globally), BGIS and Millian Aire relentlessly focus on delivering memorable customer experiences that create value for our clients by developing a team of commercial technicians and providing ongoing training, support, and career development.
The Assistant Service Manager is responsible for:
- Planning daily service activities to meet customer needs, including prioritizing requests.
- Overseeing dispatching of technicians and other field team members, maximizing efficiency.
- Leading others positively, exemplifying BGIS values.
Service Planning Supervision
- Provide management to service tech team members regarding scheduling of routes and service calls focused on safety and efficiency.
- Ensure consistent quality and timely delivery of services meeting or exceeding client agreements and expectations.
- Follow standard operating procedures for customer complaint handling and escalate for advanced troubleshooting as needed.
- Engage other team members to reach Customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) Excellence.
- Review work orders, service level agreements, invoices, and time reports for accuracy and to ensure timely operations flow minimizing disruptions.
- Complete daily activities within appropriate budgeting guidelines.
- Communicate with other departments regarding service inventory and replacement.
- Suggest opportunities for streamlining processes and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the completion of other key initiatives as assigned.
- Create a culture of continual learning with direct reports and others in the organization.
- Recruit, train, coach, and mentor to ensure team members have the skills to deliver exceptional service.
- Share performance expectations and provide performance feedback.
- Communicate goals, policies, plans, and priorities both formally and informally.
- Complete mid-year and annual performance evaluations along with annual development plan reviews for each direct report on the team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Associate degree in a related field such as business administration or management or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum experience of 2 years performing job duties in a similar role in sales, customer service, or operations management with medium to large teams.
- Electrical or lighting service industry experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication abilities.
- Ability to positively interact with multiple departments, internal team members, other leaders, and external clients and vendors.
- Focus on continuous improvement and high-quality work achieved efficiently.
- Problem Solving focus with the ability to identify root causes.
- Time Management skills to balance multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Physical Demand and Work Experience:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions, absent undue hardship.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office with reimbursement.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness, and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds.
Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.