This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your Role at Baxter
This is where your work saves lives.
This is where your insights influence change. Your belief in hard work, critical thinking, and analytical approach is essential to understanding the big picture and collaborating on solutions. Though your talent readily applies to a variety of sectors you are drawn to a global healthcare company because of its mission for global good. Your preference is a large, growing company, one that appreciates your skills/actively invests in your career. You will have vast opportunities to work collaboratively with multifaceted project/product teams; your insights/ technical expertise will support all Global Business Units/product portfolios.
As a Senior Statistician, you will be serving as the statistical lead working in a cross-functional team (consisting of members from clinical operations, data management, clinical programming, clinical research leads, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, global patient safety, among others) to design and execute clinical studies. When you find yourself stuck and needing help, you have a team of 5 statisticians to help discuss ideas and problem solve with you.
What you’ll be doing
- Author and/or provide input on statistical sections of clinical study documents including protocols, electronic case report forms, randomization plans, data transfer specifications, statistical analysis plans, tables, listings, and figures (TLF) shells, SDTM/ADaM specifications, clinical study reports, and other relevant documents.
- Drive TLF development and TLF reviews with programming and other relevant team members, determine analysis populations, validate key analysis results, and present final analysis results to key stakeholders.
- Drive accountability for 5+ concurrent studies.
- Represent the Statistics function in study team meetings.
What you’ll bring
- Masters Degree or PhD in Statistics with 3-5+ years of recent/related statistical experience within a pharmaceutical and/or medical device company, or similar organization highly preferred.
- Experience with different clinical phases
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology and study design
- Study-level statistical expertise
- Proficiency in SAS and knowledge of CDISC standards
- Strong working knowledge of statistical data analysis and data management principles
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. The estimated base salary for this position is $104,000 to $143,000 annually. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position. We may pay more or less than of the anticipated range based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based on upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply and are selected for an interview.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law – Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.