Director – Business Development (Security)
You will direct, establish, maintain, and plan the overall policies and goals for the business development department. Develop and maintain client relationships, identify potential business partners, and negotiate agreements. Collaborate with other departments to ensure alignment with company goals set by senior management, ensuring business growth strategies are met.
- Identify, evaluate, and develop new business opportunities to expand business and increase profitability.
- Retain and expand existing company relationships, product lines, or market segments, and solicit new business from prospective customers and suppliers.
- Call on existing or prospective customers within the framework of the business development program.
- Establish relationships with potential customers and suppliers, discuss unmet needs, problems, or complaints, and arrange meetings with appropriate WESCO representatives.
- Represent the company in identifying, evaluating, and negotiating new product lines, vendor solutions and markets, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, and start-ups in current and new business.
- Oversee development and research activities to identify potential new markets and business opportunities, increase market share, and strengthen competitive position within the industry.
- Launch and implement sales initiatives or programs aimed at new, existing, or obsolete product sales.
- Represent the company in industry, civic, and community functions to further enhance the image and develop additional business.
- Select, manage, evaluate, and develop staff.
- Compile and analyze statistics pertinent to the business development program, report results to senior management, and adjust programs as appropriate.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 10 years experience and training directly related to the position.
- 10 years financial analysis, sales, and negotiation experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong business analysis and financial modeling skills.
- Knowledge of the industry including suppliers, customers, and competitors preferred.
- Knowledge of WESCO’s existing business lines, strengths, and challenges preferred.
- Ability to spot new business opportunities and quickly evaluate opportunities preferred.
- Ability to initiate and develop relationships with key decision-makers both inside and outside the company preferred.
- Ability to analyze financial and operational data, statements, and projections preferred.
- Ability to identify and cultivate external resources preferred.
- Ability to accurately recognize when additional company resources are being requested preferred.
- Ability to travel 50% – 75%
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Wesco”), provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The expected salary range for this role is $101,600 – $127,000. This is the salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s compensation level within the range will be based on several factors, including but not limited to geographic location, experience, relevant education, qualifications, skills, organizational needs, and performance. This position may be eligible to participate in the company’s incentive plan. Wesco provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, disability insurance, 401k Plan, and Paid Time Off.