Simpson Strong-Tie is a leader in engineered structural connectors, software, and solutions for the building industry. We maintain a reputation as a trusted manufacturer, partner, and corporate citizen committed to our customers and employees.
Our founder, Barc Simpson established 9 Principles of Business we live out as company values and have made Simpson Strong-Tie an inspiring place to work since 1956. Our team of talented people are dedicated to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures.
Learn about our company culture directly from our team.
The Simpson Strong-Tie Composite Strengthening Systems (CSS) engineering group is focused on delivering education, services, and support to both internal and external customers in innovative ways. This position is based in Southern California and provides technical services to Southern California, Las Vegas (Nevada), Arizona, New Mexico, and Hawaii. The CSS Field Engineer will become an expert in the field of strengthening structures using composite materials. You will interact with Simpson employees as well as external customers including Engineers, Architects, and Contractors and our CSS Partner to provide expert consultation in the areas of design, development, and implementation of CSS products to meet project needs. You will be responsible for developing project-specific solutions in conjunction with our CSS Partner and be responsible for the delivery of projects back to the customers and providing engineering services, direction, and training as needed to complete projects.
The CSS Field Engineer will provide consultation on complex projects and is the top-level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and resourcefulness is expected. You will engage with Simpson CSS team with valuable input to influence future R&D efforts. Additionally, you will also assist with development and review of literature for CSS offerings.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
- Provide technical/application training and project support to design professionals on the Simpson Strong-Tie Composite Strengthening Systems to generate project leads for our CSS Partner (25%)
- Coordinate with design professionals and contractors, with feasibility studies, design guidance, and support including jobsite visits for their projects as well as developing a custom strategy related to strengthening each project (25%)
- Coordinate project tasks with CSS Partner including design, take-off, quoting and shop drawing creation (25%)
- Provide technical training to staff, as well as evaluation of processes and procedures in pursuit of continual improvement (10%)
- Be active with industry associations including attending meetings, participating in technical committees, providing technical presentations, composing technical articles for industry publications (10%)
- Perform additional tasks as directed by the Engineering Director (5%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Looking for all levels of experience within the minimum requirements. If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Licensed Professional Engineer required, CA preferred.
- B.S. degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering required.
- 2 Years: Concrete and Masonry Design experience (required). Design experience with fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) systems applicable to established design guides (preferred). CFS, Structural Steel and wood design (a plus)
- FRP: Demonstrate expertise in concepts, practices, and procedures relating to FRP, relying on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish project goals.
- Speaking and communication: Communicate verbally in an appropriate way for the audience he/she is speaking to. Ability to effectively present information to top management, customers, and other groups. The role will require presenting to large groups.
- Customer focus: Quickly and effectively solve customer problems and maintain productive internal and external customer relationships. Readily readjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing customer needs. Recognize potentially adverse customer reactions and develop better alternatives.
- Teamwork: Maintain a collaborative approach in dealing with other Simpson Strong-Tie employees. Demonstrate a genuine commitment to reach mutually beneficial solutions.
- Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as architectural and structural plans, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Team Player: Demonstrated ability to motivate and work with team members. Must be able to connect, interface, and communicate well with a variety of internal partners in sales, marketing, and product development.
- Driving record: Possess and maintain a driving record which complies with company policy.
- Travel: Travel away from home with occasional overnight stays.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, see, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs.
This job operates in both a professional office environment, customer sites and outdoor construction job sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printer/scanner, etc. The employee occasionally works around moving mechanical parts. Noise level may be loud at times.
This position requires domestic and international travel up to 30% of the time.
Work Status & Location
This full-time, exempt position is located in Southern California and provides technical services to Southern California, Las Vegas (Nevada), Arizona, New Mexico, and Hawaii.
Relocation may be considered for this position.
$74,900 – $97,400 / year
#LI – Remote
REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
Quarterly Bonuses/Commission: You will be eligible for either a bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believe all employees affect customers, sales and revenue — directly or indirectly – and should be rewarded by sharing the company profits.
Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses, charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more. View benefit plan details here: https://benefits.strongtie.com/.
In keeping with the Company’s commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie’s drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNowApply Now