Guide Book Publishing
Founded in 1991
Industry Leader in publications serving the communication needs of non-profit organizations.
We publish direct-mail advertising for 800 micro-communities (3-5 mile radius) in 24 states through community guides & directories.
- Advertising Account Executive Position:
- Designed for strongly self-motivated and strategic thinking individuals.
- Switch assignments every two to three weeks to sell new direct-mail advertisements to businesses around a local area.
- Remote full-time position with 70% phone calls, emails, and video meetings; 20% researching potential customers; and the remaining 10% completing contracts.
- Basic computer skills of excel, scanning, emails, etc. are a must.
- Opportunities for in-person visits to companies and developing/maintaining large business accounts in your metro.
- Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generates and develops new business to meet specified production goals.
- Understands and communicates information regarding company services to new clients.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Completes contracts for business advertising and maintains existing large client relationships.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Compensation Program:
- Draw Program and Lucrative Commission Program based on Cash In from Sales.
- Incentive Pay Programs for hitting Assignment Targets, Monthly Targets, Quarterly Targets, and Annual Targets.
- Health & Life Insurance and 401k Program with Company Match.
- High school diploma or equivalent, one to two years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations and calculate figures and amounts.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards; proficient in email, spreadsheet, and PDF documents.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens well; responds effectively to questions.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Requires Valid Driver’s License and Auto Insurance.
- Frequently required to sit and utilize a keyboard and phone.