Skip to content
- Oversee the end-to-end RFP/bid activity to produce high-quality bid submissions that contribute to the growth of Veeam sales.
- Lead bid response team, providing project management for large-scale, strategic, or Enterprise level bids.
- Ensure all customer requirements are met, and that Veeam’s response is competitive.
- This is a highly networked role that requires project management, strong business acumen, and an ability to lead teams.
- Manage RFP/bid activity for assigned regions in EMEA and AMERICAS.
- The Bid Manager is accountable for the accuracy, quality, and on-time delivery of the bid submission.
- Ensure correct resources are engaged and aligned with the bid strategy.
- Direct the actions of response team, working cross functionally with Sales, Technical, internal operational teams, Legal, and Partners.
- Identify project deliverables, develop action matrix, schedule, and assignments.
- Manage contractual and commercial obligations, to ensure smooth transition at win stage.
- Secure internal approvals for non-standard agreements.
- Identify, track, and manage risk throughout the RFP/bid process.
- Develop non-technical content and executive summaries.
- Ensure the final bid response is in accordance with corporate guidelines and content is fully vetted.
- Manage security questionnaire requests, partnering with CISO and legal technical SMEs to provide accurate, approved responses. Navigate flow of information and confidentiality.
- Develop curated responses to customer queries, ensure messaging is approved, compliant, and positions the company in the best light.
- Act as consultant and source of knowledge to sales teams.
- Train sales and technical teams on RFx processes and leveraging RFx response tool for greater efficiency on bids when no bid management is available.
- Contribute response content to the RFx library (Ombud).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years’ experience in sales, technical, operations, marketing, project or proposal management.
- Ability to lead and provide direction to cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of commercial and technical documentation; familiarity with statements of work, understanding of contract language is beneficial.
- Problem analysis and resolution skills, ability to think innovatively and creatively.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in software industry.