United States of America
HKS31: US041-Lenexa, KS 15701 W 95th Street, Lenexa, KS, 66219 USA
Position Role Type:
This position will support the Collins Aerospace Oxygen Systems Tactical Direct Procurement team by carrying out procurement processes, standards, operational plans, RFPs, negotiations, and cost analysis. This role will also be responsible for responding to inquiries about vendor order status, changes, or cancellations to ensure customer satisfaction. The work requires attention to detail, ability to quickly move between tasks, strong communication and organizational skills. There is a strong preference that this role would be a fulltime onsite role in Lenexa, KS, however we may consider hybrid or remote options for an ideal candidate.
- Manage a group of suppliers from PO placement through order delivery, approve payments and negotiates prices.
- Managing the supplier relationship to schedule or expedite deliveries to ensure resolution of problems such as shortages and missed/late deliveries and any improvement activities.
- Prepares purchase orders and negotiates prices to ensure the procurement process goes smoothly, under general guidance.
- Carries out Procurement processes, standards, and operational plans, including RFPs, negotiation preparations, and cost analysis.
- Contacts suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries to ensure resolution of problems such as shortages and missed or late deliveries.
- Responds to inquiries on order status, changes, or cancellations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Forward looking for trends, supplier risks, drop in demands, using procurement tools
- Review critical shortages with the Planner and stakeholders. Work with suppliers to improve deliveries and close supply gaps.
- Analyze root causes to lead resolution to a permanent fix that will mitigate a repeat of overdue deliveries.
- Ensures product is delivered on time, meets quality standards, and at the right cost. May perform delivery assurance responsibilities.
- Monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Other projects assigned and directed by Leadership.
Qualifications/ Experience Needed:
- Typically requires a University Degree and minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field or in absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience
- U.S. Person (U.S. citizen, permanent resident, refugee or asylee) or eligible to obtain necessary export authorizations required
- Link to Export Authorization Information
- Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain processes; to include procurement, sourcing, supplier performance and MRP.
- Prior purchasing experience with procuring manufactured parts to defined specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations, engineering, or related field is preferred.
- SAP/JDE proficiency preferred or related MRP system.
- Ability to read technical drawings and specifications preferred.
- Prior experience with AS9100 requirements preferred.
- Willing and able to travel 10% off the time is preferred.
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point, Project
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
This role is also eligible for the Re-Empower Program. The Re-Empower Program helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, enhance leadership skills, and continue their professional journey. Over the course of the 14-week program, experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive coaching to guide their return-to-work experience. Upon completion of the program, based on performance and contributions participants will be eligible for a career at RTX.
Minimum Program Qualifications:
- Be on a career break of one or more year at time of application
- Have prior experience in functional area of interest
- Have interest in returning in either a full-time or part-time position
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility,