HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience, and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Medical Science Liaison, Bone Therapeutic Area (WA, OR, MT, ID, AK)
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. This is a field-based Medical Science Liaison (MSL) position in the bone therapeutic area within the US Medical Organization. The territory will include Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, and Alaska. In this vital role, you will:
- Serve as the field-based medical expert for this territory in the MSL group within the medical organization
- Communicate accurate, clear, and valued information regarding our science and products to multiple levels within the medical community and report field observations to internal collaborators
- Support Scientific Engagement Plan (SEP) in developing local territory R&D tactics
- Engage and educate healthcare partners (including APPs, fellows, and residents) by communicating clinical and scientific data, advancing the scientific platform aligned with Amgen’s organizational goals and objectives
- Educate and communicate clinical value, outcomes, and economic data to payers, providers, key stakeholders, advocacy, and access enablers
- Provide in-depth clinical and pharmacoeconomic support to payers, IDNs, and formulary committees, providing feedback to key internal collaborators on customer trends in interpreting and using value evidence, reimbursement, and payer policy. May serve as the main medical point of contact at prioritized local payer, regional payer, and IDN accounts
- Respond to unsolicited inquiries consistent with the MSL compliance standards
- Provide and/or present field observations and insights to internal partners
- Implement a scientific engagement plan according to annual MSL goals and metrics.
- Develop and implement local OL plans in line with the scientific engagement plan
- Support speaker training as requested and ensure the speakers are updated on new data
- Support Amgen-sponsored research and may serve as a study lead
- Liaise with potential investigators in non-sponsored clinical research and facilitate submission of investigator-initiated pre-clinical and clinical proposals
- Lead and/or participate on project teams that support MSL strategies and tactics as delegated by MSL leadership
- Advance the MSL value proposition, identify gaps, achieve results, and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen values and leadership attributes. Demonstrate tact and professionalism when communicating and interacting with peers.
- Lead and support congress activities as aligned with strategy
- Compliantly collaborate with cross-functional colleagues. May serve as the main point of contact
- Maintain clinical knowledge and expertise and ensure the timely completion of assigned training.
- Advance MSL value proposition, identify gaps, achieve results, and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen values and leadership attributes
- Demonstrate tact and professionalism when communicating and interacting with individuals.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The adaptable professional we seek is a key collaborator with these qualifications.
- Basic Qualifications: Doctorate degree
- Preferred Qualifications: Pharm. D., Ph.D., M.D., or D.O. (other doctoral degrees considered)
- Five or more years in a medically related field, including 1 year focused on clinical practice, clinical research, or medical research. Experience in a medically related field can include post-doctoral training (i.e., residencies and/or fellowships)
- Therapeutic area expertise – bone
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
Apply now for a career that defies imagination. Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us!
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Apply Now