Join Our Growing Team at Summit Utilities, Inc.
Discover why Summit Utilities, Inc. has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies in 2019 and 2020, Best Places to Work in Maine from 2019 to 2023, and Best Places to Work in Arkansas in 2020 and 2023, Oklahoma in 2022 and 2023, and Missouri in 2023. Additionally, Summit was recently named one of Forbes’ 2023 America’s Best Small Employers.
Summit is a dynamic natural gas utility company dedicated to providing safe, reliable, and environmentally friendly natural gas services to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri, and Oklahoma. Joining the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity, and innovation, committing to safety every day, and serving each other, our customers, and the communities where we live. Our goal is to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
Exciting Opportunity: Fixed Asset Accountant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Asset Accountant with the option to work remotely from MO, AR, OK, LA, TN, SC, FL, ME, KS, or TX.
This role involves day-to-day fixed asset operations and regulatory filings related to Summit Utilities, Inc. and subsidiaries. Responsibilities include overseeing fixed asset processes, reviewing all asset transactions, and collaborating with FP&A and Operations to manage capital spend proactively.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper capitalization of costs and treatment of construction in progress
- Create journal entries to move costs in and out of work orders per requests
- Prepare and file regulatory filings related to Plant Accounting (FERC filings, SSER, PBR filings, 7100 reports, Rate case requests, and others)
- Month-end reporting and reconciliations
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s in accounting required
- At least 4 years of accounting experience
- 3+ years of experience with property accounting preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and analytical capability
- Experience in the utility industry or another asset-heavy industry preferred
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines
- Initiative and project management skills with a commitment to deadlines
- Effective communication with all levels of management
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Oracle, Powerplan, or SAP preferred
Summit offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and other benefits designed to provide flexibility, choice, and support to our employees when they need it most. We understand that home and family are essential parts of your life, and our benefits are crafted to support you both at work and at home.
Summit Utilities, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.Apply Now