This Senior Director Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for the overall coordination and development of the short-term and long-term financial plans for Ryder. Additionally, this role is responsible for providing financial and analytical support to the executive leadership team and is the finance partner for the corporate functional teams.
REMOTE WORK FROM HOME
- Manage the monthly close and bi-monthly forecast consolidation process, including trend analysis, variance explanations of business performance, balance sheet and cash flow modeling
- Preparation of internal executive leadership financial review documents including board of director communications
- Development of annual Strategic Plan and Business Plan in conjunction with business unit and corporate finance teams
- Preparation of quarterly earnings guidance and related support materials for quarterly earnings calls
- Lead and develop team of managers and analysts responsible for financial support of corporate functions
- Financial modeling of strategic initiatives including development of capital requests
- Manage the implementation and communication of corporate financial objectives
- Provide corporate financial support for projects requested by the Controller, CFO, or senior management on an as-needed basis.
- Drive efficient spending via Ryder’s ZBB program
- There will be a high level of interaction, up to executive levels within various internal organizations
Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Ten (10) years or more Finance/Business experience with progressive levels required
- Ten (10) years or more management experience required
- Master’s degree preferred
Applicants from California, Colorado, New York, New Jersey, and Washington:
Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or certifications, etc.
The salary for this position ranges from $145 to $175K. Employees may also be eligible to receive an annual bonus, as applicable
Ryder offers comprehensive health and welfare benefits, to include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance and disability insurance options, as well as paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement, family and parental leave, and a tax advantaged 401(k) retirement savings plan
Job Category: Financial Analysis
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.