$25.00 – $28.85/ hour
Based on experience, and education
- Mon-Thurs 9am-7pm
- Fri/Sat/Sun off
Fully remote admissions role – Must have an active Indiana licensure
Robust benefit offering that includes:
- 401k with matching contribution
- Mental health and wellness time off
- Paid parental leave
Groups Recover Together was founded in 2014 to make treatment for opioid addiction respectful, accessible and affordable. We empower our members to regain control of their lives through a combination of community support, outpatient weekly group therapy and medication to manage withdrawal using buprenorphine and naltrexone.
What differentiates Groups is the belief that long-term recovery from opioids is tied to aspects of life that are beyond the reach of traditional medical care. We approach fighting addiction as a team sport and provide each member with a care team that works together to ensure our members receive comprehensive, coordinated care. Our outpatient model is designed to fit into our member’s schedules so they can keep working and living a normal life. As a result, our outcomes reflect the success of our model and the commitment of our members with 74% remaining in treatment after 6 months, 90% attending group therapy each week and 89% abstaining from illicit substances each week.
Groups has grown to become the national leader in value-based care for opioid use disorder that is proven to help our members beat addiction and get their lives back. We have over 8,000 members seen weekly via our fully virtual care model and have physical locations across the country with additional openings planned in 2021.
At Groups, the Admissions Counselor leads the treatment team, alongside providers, care navigators, and administrators. The Admissions Counselor is the expert on addiction and recovery, and coordinates decisions about the member’s treatment. Meanwhile, providers are asked to focus on what they do best: medication management. By putting seasoned, compassionate Admissions Counselors in the lead, and minimizing bureaucracy at every turn, we’re able to deliver care that is both more affordable and of higher quality than the status quo.
As an Admissions Counselor you will manage and further develop your clinical skill set and knowledge of Groups roles responsibilities as it relates to the clinical service model.
Clinical roles and responsibilities:
- Unlock great clinical outcomes for our members by adhering to Groups Recovery System and providing consistent, high-quality counseling activities.
- Conduct intake assessments to evaluate individuals’ appropriateness for our program.
- Complete clinical assessments as assigned each day.
- Provide individual support, as needed, such as crisis intervention, referrals to other resources, liaising with outside parties involved in the member’s treatment and coordinating with the Care Navigators.
- Utilize our custom EMR to document members’ progress in a manner that is efficient and value-added, fully digitized, and never bureaucratic and ensure all clinicians in the office follow suit.
- Partner with providers to evaluate appropriateness of treatment for every member who enters our program.
- In charge of all compliance activities associated with member admission requirements and corresponding documentation.
- Participate in internal and external training required for upkeep of licensure.
- Responsible for documenting care coordination needs handled by Care Navigator.
- Participate as a representative of the treatment team that discusses difficult members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required.
- Required licensure or certification: Behavioral health licensure including but not limited to: CADAC II – V, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, LCAC, LSW, LMHC-A, LMFT-A, LAC, LCAC-A with ability and willingness to obtain licensure reciprocity in other states.
- Minimum two years of experience completing intakes in an SUD setting.
- High comfort level with technology, including EMR, email, software and mobile apps (e.g., Google Apps).
- Deeply invested in member success.
- Authentic, caring and inspiring—and able to maintain appropriate boundaries and accountability.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to build positive relationships with people.
- Ability to make clinical decisions that are objective, demonstrate sound judgment, and reflect Groups Recovery System and harm reduction philosophy.
- Committed to a high ethical standard in everything you do.
- A team player and willing to put the team above self.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
This position is largely remote although you may be asked to come into an office from time to time.
Access to reliable internet and telephone services, specifically download speeds over 40 Mbps and upload speeds over 10 Mbps as well as a strong WiFi signal from your remote work location.
Requirements & Working Conditions:
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities; these are made on a case-by-case basis. While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, and will assess the details of any criminal conviction in a manner consistent with applicable law. No background check will be conducted unless and until a conditional offer of employment has been made to an applicant.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.Apply Now