You are the Difference
You’re not the person who will settle for just any role. Neither are we. Because we’re out to create Better Care for a Better World, and that takes a certain kind of person and teams who care about making a difference. Here, you’ll bring your professional expertise, talent, and drive to building and managing our portfolio of iconic, ground-breaking brands. In this role, you’ll help us deliver better care for billions of people around the world. It starts with YOU.
The Role of Sr Category Development Manager
The Sr Category Development Manager will be responsible for leading the category management process for K-C Personal Care categories (Baby, Adult Incontinence, Feminine Care) at multiple banners of Ahold-Delhaize USA (ADUSA) supermarkets. This position requires the individual to interface directly with customers, as well as cross-functionally within Kimberly-Clark, to lead development and execution of category growth strategies, leveraging a broad and complex variety of data, tools, and insights; incumbents must be aware of and be able to proactively incorporate customer, brand and sales team objectives and strategies into the creation and execution of annual category plans. The individual will provide high-quality insights and analysis – leading to actionable assortment, shelving, pricing, and merchandising recommendations – in a timely and professional manner that exceeds the stakeholders’ needs and expectations.
In this role:
- Develop strong and sustainable category partnerships by providing strategic analytical recommendations that promote total Category & Brand growth.
- Integrate influential insights and data-driven analytics to drive DPSM initiatives.
- Leverage household panel data to discover innovative opportunities thru cross-category partnerships, developing conversion programs, and promoting new usage occasions.
- Analyze, manage, and track key business metrics, including:
- Composite rankings integrating POS data with shopper metrics – (customer loyalty data and/or HH Panel)
- Performance of new items across categories (understand source of volume, and developing category conversion tracker)
- Be recognized internally at K-C and externally at ADUSA as a thought leader in shopper insights and trends.
- Analyze promotional plans with Sales, Shopper Marketing & customer(s) management, and recommend effective marketing programs that yield most efficient spending and positive ROI.
- Develop strategic partnership where ADUSA management understands future investment strategies with K-C.
- Understand shopper loyalty programs, system, methodologies, reports, measures, applications, and limitations.
- Work closely with Grocery customer managers and influence with voice/impact for future improvements.
- Ensure database integrity and report accuracy by collaborating with ADUSA management and/or merchandising teams.
- Strategically leverage analytical insights to further growth of seasonal category & identify merchandising growth opportunities to supplement K-C’s core business.
- Collaborate with ADUSA management in resolving business issues and provide innovative solutions/recommendations through creative strategic interpretation and application of loyalty data and shopper insights.
Huggies®. Kleenex®. Cottonelle®. Scott®. Kotex®. Poise®. Depend®. Kimberly-Clark Professional®. You already know our legendary brands—and so does the rest of the world. In fact, millions of people use Kimberly-Clark products every day. We know these amazing Kimberly-Clark products wouldn’t exist without talented professionals, like you.
At Kimberly-Clark, you’ll be part of the best team committed to driving innovation, growth, and impact. We’re founded on more than 150 years of market leadership, and we’re always looking for new and better ways to perform – so there’s your open door of opportunity. It’s all here for you at Kimberly-Clark.
Led by Purpose. Driven by You.
You perform at the highest level possible, and you appreciate a performance culture fueled by authentic caring. You want to be part of a company actively dedicated to sustainability, inclusion, wellbeing, and career development.
You love what you do, especially when the work you do makes a difference. At Kimberly-Clark, we’re constantly exploring new ideas on how, when, and where we can best achieve results. When you join our team, you’ll experience Flex That Works: flexible (hybrid) work arrangements that empower you to have purposeful time in the office and partner with your leader to make flexibility work for both you and the business.
In one of our professional roles, you’ll focus on winning with consumers and the market, while putting safety, mutual respect, and human dignity at the center.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience in CPG Category Management and/or Customer Shopper Insights development in North American markets.
- Experience leading change in Category Management and/or Shopper Insights transformations.
- Understanding of key elements of brand marketing and new product research preferred (advertising, consumer promotion, shopper marketing, public relations, packaging and consumer relationship management) and new product development.
For a complete overview, see www.mykcbenefits.com
Hybrid Work Arrangements:
You’re looking to make a difference. When and where it works best for you. And at Kimberly-Clark, we’re constantly exploring new ideas on how, when, and where we can best achieve results. When you join our team, you’ll experience Flex That Works, flexible work (hybrid) arrangements that empower you to have purposeful time in the office and partner with your leader to make flexibility work for both you and the business.
To Be Considered
Click the Apply button and complete the online application process. A member of our recruiting team will review your application and follow up if you seem like a great fit for this role.
In the meantime, please check out the careers website.
And finally, the fine print….
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, and DMV check.
Additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role are available upon request. You may contact 866-444-4516 – when prompted for employee ID, say “OTHER CALLER” – or [email protected] for assistance. You must include the six-digit Job # with your request.
Veterans and members of the Reserve and Guard are highly encouraged to apply.
Kimberly-Clark will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role. The benefits provided will be per the terms of Kimberly-Clark’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will be decided in Kimberly-Clark’s sole discretion.