We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Overview: Behavioral Health (Utilization/Case Manager)
Position can be done Remote (work from home)
- Provides leadership and mentoring with the referral, authorization, medical review, and case management services.
- Involvement with quality improvement program and the integration of QI processes with the Medical Management program as assigned.
- Carries a case load as assigned.
- Involvement with new coworker training.
- Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- Education: Registered Nurse or Masters in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology.
- Licensure: Current Registered Nurse in Missouri or other Compact State OR LCSW, LPC, or Psychologist licensed by state of Missouri.
- Experience: At least two years post license direct clinical experience in behavioral health setting and prior utilization management experience is strongly preferred.
Other Skills and Knowledge:
- Broad Knowledge of mental illness/substance use diagnosis and treatment protocols required.
- Computer skills and an advanced understanding of the Electronic Health Records used by the department required.
- The abilities to work independently to triage incoming requests and clearly communicate work assignments and priorities to the department are essential.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We’re bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We’re expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.Apply Now