Nov 16, 2023
Troy, MI, US, 48083
The future is our choice
At Atos, as the global leader in secure and decarbonized digital, our purpose is to help design the future of the information space. Together we bring the diversity of our people’s skills and backgrounds to make the right choices with our clients, for our company and for our own futures.
Role- Business Data Analyst
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of insurance preferred.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to create compelling business cases; very strong understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question status quo; ability to partner with software engineers quality analysts to identify course of resolutions.
- Ability to create and interpret user needs into specifications, user stories, flowcharts, UML diagrams, etc.
- Highly competent in reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical industry-related journals and DOI filings.
- Ability to coordinate and organize input from various stakeholders, negotiate priorities, resolve conflicts, and consensus building.
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
- Strong knowledge of Modeling Techniques: Object Orientation analysis, UML (e.g. Use Cases, Activity Diagrams); in-depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Scrum and Waterfall) and demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications.
- Strong understanding of data management and database concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, and ability to work on advanced excel functions including VBA if required.
- Strong working knowledge of API standards for communicating and integration between applications.
Data Engineering Requirements:
Must collaborate with business teams and leaders to identify data and reporting needs.
Utilize SQL to extract and analyze large amounts of data including testing and validation of data sets, balancing, etc.
Perform data profiling and data-in-context analysis to support data warehousing projects, data conversion, and data quality issues.
Perform database structure research and create data mapping documents in order to understand relevant data elements along with their definitions and use.
Partner with data governance and data architecture teams to maintain metadata and lineage in data governance app.
Prior experience with AWS cloud data architectures, data warehousing, BI tools and Insurance domain preferred.
Here at Atos, diversity and inclusion are embedded in our DNA. Read more about our commitment to a fair work environment for all.
Atos is a recognized leader in its industry across Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria. Find out more on our CSR commitment.
Choose your future. Choose Atos.
Nearest Major Market: Troy
Nearest Secondary Market: DetroitApply Now