The Loan Underwriting Associate (LUA) Senior role handles questions and escalation issues presented by the internal teams. The team also is responsible for clearing a set amount of internal tasks. This position provides support for the LUAs, Client Advocate, and Account Executives to ensure loans stay on track throughout the process.
Essential Job Functions
- Timely and accurately follow-up and resolution to outstanding internal and external required transactional loan conditions.
- Meet / exceed productivity, quality, and overall employee operational team contribution expectations (i.e., flexibility, teamwork, attendance, collaboration, attitude, partnership, support, etc.).
- Provide customer service that focuses on the exact needs of clients providing status updates, clarifications, and accurate resolution of issues or outstanding loan conditions.
- Extensive product and process knowledge. Effective mortgage loan document and product / parameter expertise.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, accountable and responsible, detailed oriented, organized, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with little supervision, multi-task, and work efficiently / effectively within required deadlines.
- Submit loans to underwriting for review within submission policy or work with clients to correct insufficient conditions.
- Review and answer questions from the LUA team and Client Advocate team.
- Research and resolve escalation issues from the internal teams.
- Clears / updates specific outstanding conditions per policy.
- Orders and ensures timely completion of various third-party services (i.e., VOE, MI, validations, verifications, re-verifications).
- Urgently take ownership and resolve escalations with efficiency and professionalism.
- Direct internal communication with the Underwriting and Closing groups regarding various tasks & conditions to keep the loan moving forward.
- Provide the expected service levels in a changing environment without any disruption to the client.
- Accurate and timely updates to the Lending Operating System screens as required.
- Proficiency with AUS (DU & LP, etc.).
- Pass all annual training requirements.
- Software; Outlook, Lakewood, EDMS, MS Excel, MS Word, various reporting and workflow tools.
- Verifies, compiles, and types of application information for mortgage loans and or titles: Performs a general evaluation of the residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets established standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment and marital status.
- Prepares loan for Final Approval.
- Provides quality loan processing, reviewing files for adherence to underwriting standards, and ensuring completeness prior to submission for underwriting for approval.
- Train employees involved in the process how to handle all products.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Other Related Duties
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Well versed in the mortgage process flow and established SLA’s.
- Highly skilled on the phone, very organized and able to handle the overall customer experience with outstanding service.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, BA Preferred. Prior experience (1-3 years) as a mortgage loan processor or similar position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Freedom Mortgage is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions of the position either with or without reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall review reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The following statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as an all-inclusive list of all the work requirements of the position. Freedom Mortgage Corporation may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.