At Presbyterian, it’s not just what we do that matters. It’s how we do it – and it starts with our incredible team. From Information Technology to Food Services and beyond, our non-clinical employees make a meaningful impact on the healthcare provided to our patients and members.
How you belong matters here. We value our employees’ differences and find strength in the diversity of our team and community.
Now hiring a Remote HCC Coder III – Medical Records Coding!
As a Remote Denial Coder, you will be required to code all of the following:
- inpatient and/or outpatient hospital records
- ED records
- Home Health & Hospice records and/or professional fee services for PMG specialty providers
- demonstrate coding expertise in a specific specialty deemed a critical business need by PHS Coding Leadership using the ICD-9/10 CM and CPT-4 classification system.
Ensures adherence to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures
Type of Opportunity:
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
This opportunity is open to remote applicants in the United States, with the exception of the following states: Washington, Wyoming, North Dakota, and Ohio
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Must have any one of the following coding certifications at the time of hire: CCS, CCS-P, CPC-H, or RHIT/RHIA with achievement of one of the coding credentials above within one year of hire.
- Three to five years experience as a coder required.
- Inpatient Coding experience preferred
High School Diploma or GED
Certified Professional Coder
- Must demonstrate knowledge of coding multiple areas of service and/or specialties or extensive experience in a specific specialty deemed a critical business need by PHS Coding Leadership.
- Reviews patients entire current medical record, assigning appropriate codes including CPT, ICD and MS-DRG (as defined by UHDDS guidelines and CMS) to be used for financial reimbursement, research in accordance with Federal Regulations and Hospital and Departmental policies.
- Accesses several systems via the computer to research the medical record when needed to complete the coding in a timely manner.
- Takes responsibility for accounts receivable by looking for lost documents to ensure all encounters are coded, including the generation of appropriate queries, as needed.
- Maintains and disseminates up-to-date technical knowledge of legal and regulatory information from all appropriate jurisdictions concerning the given business area.
- Responsible for resolving any and all pre-bill edits, denials, etc. for assigned accounts.
- Participates in all departmental in-services and updates to stay current with the accepted coding guidelines and improve personal knowledge of medicine and treatment.
- Communicates issues to the EW Clinical Coding Manager, as appropriate.
- Maintains at least a 95% accuracy rate.
- Maintains average to high productivity based on PHS Productivity Standards.
- Maintains continuing education (CE) requirements per PHS policy.
- Performs other functions as required.
We’re all about well-being, starting with yours.
Learn more about our employee benefits.
About Presbyterian Healthcare Services:
Presbyterian exists to improve the health of patients, members, and the communities we serve. We are locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan, and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, we are the state’s largest private employer with nearly 13,000 employees – including more than 1200 providers and nearly 3,500 nurses.
Our health plan serves more than 640,000 members statewide and offers Medicare Advantage, Medicaid (Centennial Care) and Commercial health plans.
Inclusion and Diversity:
Our culture is one of knowing and respecting our patients, members, and each other. We capture this in our Promise and CARES commitments.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke-free campuses.
Offer Disclaimer: The compensation range for this role takes into account a wide range of factors, including but not limited to experience and training, internal equity, and other business and organizational needs. Compensation decisions are dependent upon the facts and circumstances of each offer. Maximum Offer: USD $34.27Apply Now