FNBO Career Opportunity
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
We believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to work from anywhere at any time, allowing for more flexibility in where and how you work. We know that choice and flexibility are important to you. We also recognize that flexible and remote positions can become opportunities for military partners, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities to thrive at our company. We invite you to consider what a Modern, Flexible Workplace can mean for you!
It is anticipated that an incumbent in this role will work remotely for three (3) or more days a week and will share a hoteling workspace when working onsite. Work location is subject to change based on business needs.
Summary of the Job:
- Communicate with customers who have experienced fraud or might be at risk
- Reassure vulnerable customers that FNBO has their back against fraud
- Determine the validity of fraudulent claims and hold cardholders accountable if needed
- Conduct an in-depth investigation and attempt to identify a suspect
- Contact law enforcement when necessary and provide important information
- Research and submit suspicious activity referrals
- Understand disputes and be able to work with the customer to resolve issues as applicable.
- Understand chargeback life cycles for Visa, Mastercard and American Express
- Input complete case information in conjunction with Federal Regulation E
- Perform balance monitoring
- Assist the Bankcard Recovery department by investigating claims of fraud and disputes on accounts in collections
In the Debit Card Fraud and Disputes Department, we wouldn’t call our jobs easy, but we would call them rewarding. If you are a strategic problem solver who enjoys a challenge with a rewarding payoff, join us. We will provide the support and training to help you become a well-versed professional.
About This Role:
THE DEBIT CARD FRAUD/DISPUTE SPECIALIST ROLE AT FNBO
At FNBO, we believe that a bank should be a force for good in the world. And to us, that means doing right by our customers, our employees and our communities day in and day out. As a Fraud Specialist, you can do just that by helping FNBO customers protect themselves against fraud.
We are looking for someone who will share our excitement about the opportunity to investigate, analyze and immerse yourself in the world of fraud prevention. Our mission is to support our customers who have been victims of fraud while working to proactively identify risk factors to stop suspicious activity before it does damage.
THE GREAT BIG SMALL BANK
We take pride in the fact that we’ve been independently owned and operated for 160 years and have the freedom to make decisions based on what’s right for our people. Whether you’re starting a new career or finding a new trajectory, we believe you’ll find your fit here. FNBO is a place that can help you learn, grow and achieve your goals while maintaining work-life balance.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic PC skills required with the ability to master the software programs we use (FileNet, TBS, CRT, etc.)
- A minimum of nine months of customer service experience
- Chargeback experience is highly desired
- Familiarity with the credit card or banking industry a plus
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Workplace flexibility with remote opportunities
- A supportive environment with ongoing support and training
The Ideal Candidate for This Role…
(education, experience, desired skills, other requirements)
The Ideal Candidate for This Role:
- Supportive and solution-oriented
- A strategic thinker
- A person who believes in a greater mission
- Someone who takes pride in doing good for the community
- Great at managing multiple responsibilities
- Comfortable defusing a potentially stressful situation
- Motivated by a challenge
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now