The FIU Analyst assists and supports the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) within the Fraud, Bank Secrecy Act and Security Admin Department by investigating and protecting the Bank from known or suspected internal and external criminal activities, including fraud, money laundering, and BSA issues. This is an entry-level position and is responsible for ongoing monitoring of accounts and transactions to help the Bank identify unusual activity. In addition, the analyst must be able to identify normal and suspicious transactional activity. This position is also responsible for maintaining and ensuring compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) regulations. The position will analyze transactions identified by the Bank’s Fraud/AML systems as potential money laundering, terrorist financing, and/or fraudulent activity.
This position is 100% remote within the Bank’s footprint. The employee will work full time remote outside of a WesBanco location (may occasionally attend in-person meetings, although the primary functions of the role are performed remotely).
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Willingness to provide a level of service that will clearly differentiate us from our competitors.
- Professional demeanor in appearance, interpersonal relations, work ethic, and attitude.
- Possess clear, concise, effective written and oral communication skills to effectively express thoughts, ideas, and concepts to management, bank employees, and bank customers in a collaborative and solutions-oriented manner.
- Must make decisions and take appropriate action on less complex issues related to customer accounts to minimize fraud losses.
- Must possess the ability to make logical interpretations of account activity.
- Must be organized and efficient.
- Ability to manage alert volumes.
- Strong ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize assignments.
- Must possess great attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to adjust to a rapidly changing environment.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a willingness to learn other assigned duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigates and analyzes system-generated BSA/AML/Fraud alerts in our monitoring system for evidence of suspicious activity.
- Creates cases from alerts for further review by investigators/supervisors.
- Contact with banking center personnel and external customers on suspect items.
- Reviews Customer Due Diligence forms and CIP Records for completeness.
- Analyzes customer history to ensure transactions are in line with expected activity.
- Ensures that regulatory, legal, and bank requirements are met. You will be expected to:
- Complete all assigned compliance training in a timely manner.
- Attend educational sessions, seminars, and advanced training courses.
- Attend and participate in team/department staff meetings.
- Banking is a highly regulated industry, and you will be expected to acquire and maintain a proficiency in the Bank’s policies and procedures and adhere to all laws, rules, and regulations applicable to your conduct and the work you will be performing.
- You will also be expected to complete all assigned compliance training in a timely manner.
- Prepare and document review findings in a concise manner.
- Ability to achieve monthly individual targeted performance goals.
- Assumes various duties as assigned by the department manager.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Requires familiarity with internet research.
- Ability to perform internet and bank systems research.
- Ability to learn and use in-house software monitoring system.
- Must have proven propensity to learn new technologies and new skills quickly.
- Ability to effectively use technological resources for meetings, coaching, and training.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four years of banking experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 2+ years of Banking experience preferred with a focus on BSA/AML or Operations a plus.
- Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud, or Compliance related experience preferred.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.