We’re powering a cleaner, brighter future.
Exelon is leading the energy transformation, and we’re calling all problem solvers, innovators, community builders, and change makers. Work with us to deliver solutions that make our diverse cities and communities stronger, healthier, and more resilient.
We’re powered by purpose-driven people like you who believe in being inclusive and creative, and value safety, innovation, integrity, and community service. We are a Fortune 200 company, 19,000 colleagues strong serving more than 10 million customers at six energy companies – Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco).
In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we elevate diverse voices, fresh perspectives, and bold thinking. And since we know transforming the future of energy is hard work, we provide competitive compensation, incentives, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Join Exelon’s Work and Asset Management team
Help set direction for the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Platform as part of the Solution Delivery Team.
Are you in?
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The EAM Transformation program is a multi-year program intended to transform Exelon’s Work, Asset, and Supply business capabilities and deliver the Enterprise Asset Management solution. The Sr. Data Engineer will be responsible for leading the effort to capture the data requirements and design in support of the implementation of EAM products to meet the intended business objectives.
The role will lead a team of data engineers and collaborate closely with business stakeholders and project team members to document the data requirements needed for data migration, integrations, and reporting and analytics to support the EAM transformation project. Performs and/or manages activities relating to planning, designing, building, and maintaining high-quality solutions, products, and processes. Creates and assigns detailed tasks to subordinates. Has budget responsibility for a small project, sub-project, or process component. Expected to work under minimal supervision. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms (storm duty rotation). Travel to other Exelon locations will also be required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead data requirements gathering sessions to document requirements needed for the EAM products and platform
- Lead small group of IT data engineers who provide expertise in documentation of data requirements and design
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and project team members to understand business outcomes and alignment to data requirements
- Partners with technical architects, EU analytics team and other IT and business teams to implement the optimal solutions
- Perform, manage and appropriately document work activities relating to projects, sub-projects, or processes.
- For projects: plan, design, and build high quality IT software solutions in accordance with IT project management standards.
- For operations and application maintenance and support: plan and lead IT activities required to manage service level agreements. Assist others in planning and prioritizing work and work schedule.
- Assist in the creation of documentation for products and services. Use best practices to improve products and services provided to business unit partners, and monitor adherence within Team/Group to standards as defined within the Management Model.
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners and other stakeholders.
- Establish a positive team environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel. Provide performance and development feedback as required.
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function.
- Utilize understanding of customer’s business needs to determine requirements:
- Applies technical expertise to plan, design, build or support required products and processes
- Help other team members learn appropriate theories, practices and principles that relate to their skill set portfolio
- As assigned, manage budget for area of responsibility
- As assigned, manage working relationship with outsourcing partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 4-7 years’ experience (ex: Data warehouse design, business intelligence reporting, Customer Information Systems, Meter Data Management Systems and/or Outage Management Systems) or in lieu of experience, 8+ years equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Appropriate technical skills and experience with tools used for data modeling, process modeling, documenting functional and technical requirements.
- Strong knowledge of business practices, processes, data, and applications.
- Experience leading small IT projects or sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management.
- Strong problem-solving and analysis ability.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Strong facilitation/negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work with remote project teams.
- Experience writing technical design specifications for data integrations and data transformations with structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with Scrum development methodology
- Experience with writing business cases
- Experience in capturing, analyzing and translating business needs into functional IT requirements.
- Experience developing data integrations and data transformations with structured and unstructured data
- SQL (DML, DCL, DDL) expertise with Oracle 11g through 12c and Microsoft SQL Server 2008r2 through 2016
- Experience with the setup and configuration of Automic UC4 scheduler on RHEL, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB), Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI), Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Oracle HTTP Server (OHS), WebLogic, Informatica, Business Objects, SAS software for data analytics, Kafka, Nifi, UC4, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Application re-engineering, data modeling and performance tuning
- Architecture and design for application disaster recovery and high availability, HP ALM, Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Customer Information Systems (for example: CIMs, CC&B, SAP CRM&B)
- AMI Meter Data Management Systems (for example: Oracle Utilities MDM, Itron IEE)
- Geographic Information Systems (for example: GE Smallworld)
- Outage Management Systems, Itron/SSN UtilityIQ, Xylem/Sensus AMI, OSI Soft PI Historian
- Experience managing IT projects using Agile/Scrum and waterfall methodologies.