Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Our research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging, and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences of our employees.
Contract Administrator Position
Westat is seeking a Contract Administrator to join our fast-paced corporate contracts team supporting health agency contracts. In this role, you will support the full life cycle of contract administration activities from pre-award to project closeout, focusing on compliance, minimizing organizational risk, strategic client engagement, and collaboration with technical Westat practice areas and new business development.
- Support Pre-Award & Proposal Activities
- Review solicitation terms
- Serve as a resource to Westat research and business development staff
- Draft and review contracts, subcontracts, MOUs, and modifications
- Assist in negotiating terms and conditions
- Support Vendor and Subcontractor Management
- Engage with federal contracting specialists and officers
- Support research staff, providing guidance on contractual and compliance requirements
- Maintain contract files
- Participate in policy and process improvement efforts
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of progressive contract management experience administering federal government contracts
- Demonstrated experience with federal public health agencies such as NIH, CDC, etc.
- Knowledge of common contract instruments, including CR, CPFF, CPFF-LOE, FFP, T&M, and IDIQ
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and CFR
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate and maintain internal and external relationships
- Exposure to GSA Schedule Orders, BPAs, GWAC, and IDIQ
- Experience with Deltek products
- Experience recommending, reviewing, and negotiating multiple agreement types
- Familiarity with proposal and award budgets
Other Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Collaboration with teams, managers, and/or clients
- Organization skills, including time management ability
Westat offers a comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance, including:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave (15 days per year)
- Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Holiday Leave (7 government holidays and 2 floating holidays)
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
The pay for this position is $78.8-93.1K and will be commensurate with experience.