Two Roads Accounting Coordinator Job Description
At Two Roads, we’re committed to empowering business owners to understand their financials and grow their business. Our dedicated team members become students of their clients’ businesses, providing support and guidance. As remote employees, they value autonomy, but also know how to work well with others and have fun. If you’re committed to pursuing financial clarity and want to play an active role in the success of small businesses, Two Roads needs you!
To best serve our clients, we are structured so that there are 2 team members (Bookkeeper and Accounting Coordinator) plus a Team Lead assigned to each client. The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the financials and fostering the relationship with the client. They also support and work closely with the Bookkeeper, who is responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping. We are grouped in teams with a Team Lead in place on each team to support and lead.
Currently, we are hiring for the Accounting Coordinator role. If you have a passion for reviewing financials and are excellent at communicating, we would love to hear from you!
Why choose Two Roads?
- Flexibility – get work done when it fits into your schedule (while still being responsive to clients and teammates during normal business hours, and meeting deadlines)
- Autonomy – self-starters rejoice! No micromanaging here.
- Great Team Culture – teammates with a broad range of experience and skills that are willing to help with any questions you may have.
- Growth Potential – enjoy a culture where opportunities for excellence and efficiency come from all levels of the organization, which result in personal and professional growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee the client relationship, by being their main point of contact
- Oversee the services the client receives, making sure we are meeting their expectations
- Support Bookkeepers that are working on your clients behind the scenes, by answering questions and being the liaison between them and the client as needed.
- Pay bills that have been posted by the Bookkeeper
- Yearend tasks, such as financial review, 1099 processing, closing the books, annual reports communication with tax preparer
- Review of P&L Statements and Balance Sheets
- Production of Monthly Financial Statements
- Syncing data across multiple software applications to ensure accuracy
- Historical clean-up projects (as needed)
- Client projects
- Management of requests in a timely manner
- Communicating with clients and/or teammates in a timely manner
The skills and qualifications you’ll need to succeed:
- Passionate about financials
- 4+ years of bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Extreme organization and strong decision-making skills
- Fast learner and open to new ideas
- Clear, concise, and kind communication skills through all mediums: video conference, email, phone, and text
- Understanding of business models
- Comfortable working in a broad range of softwares
- Ability to work from home, 30+ hours/week
Two Roads team members are:
- Responsive to clients and teammates Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm EST via email and phone
- Self-starters: They find the answer. They know how to get help when it’s needed
- Able to work autonomously. We don’t micromanage
- Committed to getting work done on time
- Quick learners as it relates to new software
- Friendly, helpful, and humble
It’s a bonus if you:
- Have previous remote work experience
- Know a thing or two about QuickBooks Online
- Full charge bookkeeping experience with multiple clients
- Value flexibility and have a strong desire to work from home
Minimum Level of Education Required
2-year degree (AA, AS, etc.)
4+ years of bookkeeping or accounting experience
Must be in Eastern or Central time zones
Pay: $40,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year, based on revenue supported and 40-hour week commitment.
Must apply on our website and complete our testing process. Apply Here
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Expected hours: 30 – 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: We are completely remote, so no COVID-19 requirements.
Work Location: RemoteApply Now