Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote, and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
About Our Client
At our client, their mission is to make self-driving for everyone. They build autonomous driving software for automakers, based on a breakthrough in artificial intelligence that finally makes highway autonomy safe and scalable for the consumer car market.
Our client has 100+ employees across its headquarters in Mountain View and additional offices in Dallas and Sydney. They have raised $165 million from investors including Mike Speiser at Sutter Hill Ventures, Keith Rabois at Founders Fund, and Vinod Khosla at Khosla Ventures.
What you will do:
- Design and develop world-class radar hardware that minimizes development time and is on schedule, owning the entire EE product cycle including mixed signal circuit board electronics
- Work with our radar team to design, build, and test mixed signal circuits on Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs):
- Design: Own all aspects of the design such as power distribution and conversion, command and control electronics, engineering test and validation, and implementation of RF structures developed by others on the radar team
- Manufacturing: Work with contract manufacturers and other vendors to bring the design into reality
- Engineering Test: Develop test and bring-up plans for developed hardware. This will incorporate root cause and failure analysis when required.
- Compliance Test: Execute function and qualification testing on design, including EMC/EMI, ESD, Voltage Surge, and other specified automotive testing
- Mentor junior electrical engineers in electronics design and the development of mass scale engineering structures
- Perform PCB schematic capture and assist the layout and CAD teams across radar hardware designs
- Assist with test and validation of integrated radar sensor systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Robust experience in mixed signal design for enterprise class systems
- In-depth knowledge of signal integrity, timing, analog signal, and power rail quality analysis and debugging
- Experience designing with MIPI, GMSL, PCIe, and/or DDR
- Experience designing with SPI, CAN, I2C, and/or UART
- End-to-end product design/development
- Working knowledge of design for EMC and other typical regulatory requirements
- Proficiency with schematic capture, PCB layout, and simulation tools (e.g., Spice, MATLAB, Python, Allegro)
- Expertise using all necessary test and measurement tools
- Familiarity with electronic manufacturing processes and materials
- Ability to produce detailed documentation and design release processes
Nice to haves:
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Experience with functional safety, including requirements derivation, documentation, and test approaches
Compensation for this role consists of a base salary and an options grant, with the base salary expected to range from $170,000 to $230,000+. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
This position is based in Mountain View, CA.Apply Now