This role is based at one of our corporate offices in Memphis, TN, or Remote
This is your chance to be a part of an in-house Technology team that’s creating consumer-facing, cutting-edge technologies revolutionizing the hospitality industry around the world! As a Lead Software Engineer – API, you will bring your technical skills to a hospitality company with an award-winning culture. On the Core Services Build team, reporting to Director IT, you will be creating hospitality experience of the future through innovative technology development.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
Hilton is proud to support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to programs and benefits such as:
- Go Hilton travel program: 100 nights of discounted travel with room rates as low as $40/night
- Hilton Shares: Our employee stock purchase program (ESPP) – you can purchase Hilton shares at a 15 percent discount
- Paid parental leave for eligible Team Members, including partners and adoptive parents
- Mental health resources including free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Learn more about the rest of our…
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Your role is important and below are some of the fundamental job duties that make your work unique.
What your day-to-day will be like:
- Collaborate with other Leads and Architects to identify development patterns necessary to deliver REST API components that meet the Service Profile specifications.
- Collect requirements, write functional and technical design documents to build, test and deploy APIs.
- Provide technical solution techniques for new and existing services and REST APIs.
- Follow software development best practices to code and configure solutions that satisfy business and end-user requirements; enforce established coding standards and procedures.
- Help build reusable libraries and templates for API Code generation.
- Solve production incidents and problems.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
- Adhere to Enterprise Architecture standards and strategy for us including business, application, product, integration, data, and infrastructure architectures.
How you will collaborate with others:
- Collaborate with architects, product owners, delivery managers, quality engineers, designers, and other developers to design and implement APIs.
- Participate in agile ceremonies including grooming sessions, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and code reviews.
- Plan and implement new APIs or enhancements to existing applications.
What projects you will take ownership of:
- Support Hilton IT projects requiring new APIs or enhancements to existing services.
- Support projects that improve the guest experience through digitalization.
WHY YOU’LL BE A GREAT FIT
You have these minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of professional work experience in Technology or related field
- Four (4) years of work experience in Java development, working on multiple projects and systems
- Extensive experience designing and writing Rest APIs
- Experience working in Spring or Spring Boot
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects of all sizes in a technical environment.
- Travel up to 5%
It would be useful if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus 6+ years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 12+ years of Technology related experience
- Experience working in Couchbase or other NoSQL databases
- Experience any of the native API management platform (eg WSO2, Apigee, AWS API etc)
- Experience working in Kafka or other messaging queues
- Experience working in PostgreSQL, MySQL, or other RDBMSes
- Experience working in Cucumber or similar TDD tools
- Experience working in Atlassian and AWS technologies
- Experience with Splunk, Kanban
- Experience with Software testing frameworks
- Familiarity with AI-based code generation tools
WHAT IT IS LIKE WORKING FOR HILTON
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more-than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces. Check out the and to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
It is the policy of Hilton to employ qualified persons without regard to color, race, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medication conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, status as a protected veteran, disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, or any other protected group status as defined by and subject to applicable federal, state and local laws. Hilton’s commitment to equal employment opportunity supports the attraction and retention of a diverse workforce that will enhance our effectiveness in attracting Team Members, customers, corporate partners, and owners.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position and provide other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please if you require an accommodation during the application process.
Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, access to our employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) where you can purchase Hilton shares at a 15 percent discount, a 401(k) savings plan, 20 days of paid time off accruing over your first year of employment and increasing up to 25 days after completing one year of full employment, up to 12 weeks of paid leave for birth parents and 4 weeks for non-birth parents, 10 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays throughout the year, up to 5 bereavement days, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, an employee assistance program, access to a care coordinationApply Now