Hourly Wage Estimate: $17.36 – $26.05 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you have the career opportunities as a Part Time Medical Procedure Scheduler you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Work from Home, which is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Work from Home offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career, and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical, and financial well-being
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
- Referral services for child, elder, and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning, and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services, and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Scheduler, you will be responsible for scheduling patient testing/procedures/admissions; obtaining pre-cert/authorization numbers and entering in the scheduling or registration system; obtaining and entering accurate insurance information; answering incoming phone calls.
What you will do in this role:
- Answer incoming calls in a timely and professional manner
- Schedule all patients for ancillary, surgical, and medical testing/procedures through the applicable scheduling module (i.e. Meditech)
- Select accurate insurance carrier plans and inform the patient or physician office staff of any carrier that is out of network
- Inform the physician office staff or patient of any testing requirements according to the instructions and queries in the scheduling module
- Ensure that any edits are performed in the scheduling module
- Ensure physician orders are indexed appropriately
- Maintain knowledge of the scheduling reports for the next day to ensure department readiness in the event of any unscheduled Meditech down-time
- Work closely with the physician office staff to ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
- Select the correct patient medical record number consistently
- Maintain open communication with the registration staff regarding those unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed and times are available
- Utilize appropriate method/tool to communicate with Patient Access and other facility departments as necessary
- Edit medical accounts to appropriate status per facility or SSC standards and guidelines – Receive, maintain, and index physician orders per facility and SSC standards and guidelines
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum one year of related experience required, preferably in healthcare. Relevant education may substitute experience required.
- Work from home employees are required to have wired high-speed internet 25MB Download 6MB Upload
Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll, and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers, and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Procedure Scheduler Part Time opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now