Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Procedure Scheduler you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Work from Home, which is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Work from Home offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career, and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical, and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services, and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Procedure Scheduler where your passion for creating positive patient interactions is valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Scheduler, you will be responsible for:
- Answering incoming calls in a timely and professional manner
- Scheduling all patients for ancillary, surgical, and medical testing/procedures through the applicable scheduling module (i.e., Meditech)
- Selecting accurate insurance carrier plans and informing the patient or physician office staff of any carrier that is out of network
- Ensuring that any edits are performed in the scheduling module
- Working closely with the physician office staff to ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
- Maintaining open communication with the registration staff regarding unscheduled patients
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum one year of related experience required, preferably in healthcare. Relevant education may substitute experience required.
- Work from home employees are required to have wired high-speed internet (25MB Download, 6MB Upload)
Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll, and physician billing.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.” – Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Procedure Scheduler opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now