Job Opportunity: Staff Accountant at CFI
CFI is seeking driven professionals who want to grow with us. The Staff Accountant position is a key role within our accounting team, which includes multiple accountants, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and admin assistant positions.
Commercial Facilities, Inc. (CFI) is a growing commercial real estate firm based in Sorrento Valley since 1977. As a family company, we manage over 3.5 million square feet of commercial real estate, including office, retail, industrial, and multi-family properties. Our success is attributed to our quality team and an environment that fosters growth and opportunity. We prioritize work/life balance, empowerment, and creating positive experiences in every interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing traditional full-cycle accounting steps with a focus on the real estate industry.
- Emphasis on creating and understanding financial reports.
- Minimum three (3) years of hands-on accounting experience.
- Proven ability with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word).
- Experience with Property Management software (Appfolio, Yardi, MRI, or similar).
- We are PAPERLESS. Skills with manipulating PDF files is a must.
- A strong sense of urgency in meeting deadlines.
- Self-prioritization to meet daily and monthly financial cycle deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain supportive relationships with others.
This job is ideal for someone who is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — prefers focusing on the details of work
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
Competitive compensation: $60,000-$70,000/annually
- 401(k) with matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
Experience level: 5 years
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
- Using Property Accounting Software (ex. Appfolio/Yardi/MRI): 3 years
- General Accounting: 5 years
- Property Accounting: 3 years
Work Location: RemoteApply Now