Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity, and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials, and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$46,900.00 – $77,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?
This is an entry-level position that requires satisfactory completion of required training to advance to Claim Professional, Outside Property. This position is intended to develop skills for investigating, evaluating, negotiating, and resolving claims on losses of lesser value and complexity. Provides quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle (customer contacts, coverage, investigation, evaluation, reserving, negotiation, and resolution) including maintaining full compliance with internal and external quality standards and state-specific regulations. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration. This position is based 100% remotely with a territory of the Omaha, NE area and may include a combination of mobile work and/or work from your primary residence.
What Will You Do?
- Completes required training which includes the overall instruction, exposure, and preparation for employees to progress to the next level position.
- The on-the-job training includes practice and execution of the following core assignments:
- Handles 1st party property claims of moderate severity and complexity as assigned.
- Establishes accurate scope of damages for building and contents losses and utilizes as a basis for written estimates and/or computer-assisted estimates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or a minimum of two years of work OR customer service-related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer-centric response to all assigned tasks – Basic
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED and one year of customer service experience OR Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Valid driver’s license – required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining, and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.Apply Now