How will this role have an impact?
The Manager, Medicare Advantage (MA) Stars Initiatives is geared towards someone who is passionate about clinical quality, patient experience, and wants to help build the foundation for a strong Medicare Advantage program that will support patients throughout the United States. This individual will help develop and execute on Clinical Quality initiatives while working with a team who is dedicated to helping patients stay healthy. The candidate will also be instrumental in helping design dashboards and reports to measure outcomes and success of initiatives.
Under direction of the VCS Quality Department,
The MA Stars Initiatives Manager is responsible for managing one or more mid-size to complex projects to support the Medicare Stars Clinical and Pharmacy strategic initiatives. The Program Manager is required to lead assigned projects while maintaining all project management information including timelines, resources, issues, scope, and other related project activities. Bachelor’s degree or related clinical license required. Advanced coursework and/or Master’s degree desirable. A minimum three (3) years of Medicare quality experience required. Medicare Advantage Stars program experience is strongly preferred. Demonstrated project/program management experience required. Lean/PMP/Six Sigma/Performance Improvement experience preferred.
- This position will report to the VCS Sr Director, Population Health Improvement
- Bachelor’s level Degree
- Related clinical license (Nursing, pharmacy, etc.) required in lieu of bachelor’s degree
- Medicare Advantage Stars program experience highly preferred.
- 3 years’ experience working with Medicare Advantage Plans, or managed care industry
- Strong knowledge and experience working with CMS Stars Ratings measures including HEDIS, CAHPS, PQA/Pharmacy, HOS, Operations, and CMS Display measures
- 2 years’ experience working with several of the following methodologies: project management, quality of care improvement, process improvements, financial analysis
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to convey complex and/or technical information in a manner that others can understand
- Proven success on building and maintaining positive relationships
- Exemplary of a highly collaborative team approach
- Ability to influence and persuade people to collaborate and execute toward a common goal
- Strong organization and documentation, attention to details, ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, time management meeting deadlines, even under pressure
- Ability to think analytically to resolve issues; solution-focused mindset; creative, innovative, and compliance thinker
- Adaptability to an agile and dynamic work environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and shift readily between “big picture” and small-but-critical details
- Demonstrated ability to balance people, process, and technology factors and analyze complex business relationships to develop appropriate solutions
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.), Project Management tools, Teams/WebEx/ZOOM
Primary responsibilities include:
- As Stars team expert, develop expert understanding of Star measures, ratings and methodology to inform strategic plan, drive the execution of work plan, initiatives, and overall Star performance.
- Lead and/or actively participate in provider meetings, workgroups, committees, etc.
- Manage projects to support the Medicare Stars Clinical and Pharmacy strategic initiatives and support the integration of stars and risk adjustment initiatives
- Lead assigned projects while maintaining all project management information including timelines, resources, issues, scope, and other related project activities.
- Provide tactical direction in collaboration with the Quality Department
Signify Health is helping build the healthcare system we all want to experience by transforming the home into the healthcare hub. We coordinate care holistically across individuals’ clinical, social, and behavioral needs so they can enjoy more healthy days at home. By building strong connections to primary care providers and community resources, we’re able to close critical care and social gaps, as well as manage risk for individuals who need help the most. This leads to better outcomes and a better experience for everyone involved.
Our high-performance networks are powered by more than 9,000 mobile doctors and nurses covering every county in the U.S., 3,500 healthcare providers and facilities in value-based arrangements, and hundreds of community-based organizations. Signify’s intelligent technology and decision-support services enable these resources to radically simplify care coordination for more than 1.5 million individuals each year while helping payers and providers more effectively implement value-based care programs.
To learn more about how we’re driving outcomes and making healthcare work better, please visit us at www.signifyhealth.com.
Diversity and Inclusion are core values at Signify Health, and fostering a workplace culture reflective of that is critical to our continued success as an organization.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.Apply Now