Backblaze makes storing and using data astonishingly easy. When our founding team got together, they committed to helping people save their data. Today, the Backblaze Storage Cloud provides a foundational platform around the world for a broad community of developers, IT generalists, entrepreneurs, and individuals who seek the easy, affordable, trusted solutions we provide.
We’ve managed to nurture a team-oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. Our approach is guided by honesty, transparency, and a commitment to doing the right thing. Our customers are happy, and so are our coworkers: In the most recent “Great Place to Work” survey, 97% of our team rated Backblaze as “a great place to work.” Check out what our employees are saying on Glassdoor!
While there is a lot to celebrate in our past, there is almost as much opportunity ahead of us. We are seeking a Mid-level QA Automation Engineer to join our growing team!
The ideal candidate will preferably come to our headquarters in San Mateo, California once a week. We are conveniently located near CalTrain, and Highways 280 and 101. We also offer a flexible schedule so employees can work remotely when necessary.
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside and communicate with the other QA Automation Engineers
- Automate manual test cases using industry standard test automation tools such as Selenium
- Design new automated test cases for new Backblaze product features
- Adhere to company automation standards and best practices
- Communicate with the developers on test failures
- Contribute to continual QA process improvement efforts
- Ability to take initiative and self-manage
- Testing on Mac and Windows desktops running multiple browsers like Chrome, Edge, Safari, IE, Firefox
The Right Fit:
- Extensive experience in Selenium (WebDriver)
- Experience with Git and Jenkins
- Cross-platform experience (Linux/Macintosh/Windows)
- Experience with and automation of REST API’s
- Experience with performance testing
- Experience with security testing
Required for all Backblaze Employees:
- Good attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong desire to work for a small fast-paced company
- Desire to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work environment
- Rigorous adherence to best practices
- Relentless attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good oral/written communication
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Base Pay Range
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. The base pay range for this position is $101,000 to $167,000.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Backblaze, we value being fair and good to our customers, partners, and employees. That’s why diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values. We are committed to fostering a workforce where all employees feel a sense of belonging regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status, ability, veteran status, and education. We believe that our dedication to cultivating a diverse workspace not only allows us to better serve our customers in over 175 countries but further reinforces our commitment to doing the right thing. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Backblaze Employee Privacy Notice.
#LI-JA1 #LI-REMOTE #LI-HYBRIDApply Now