Work Mode: Remote
SCAN Group is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to tackling the most pressing issues facing older adults in the United States. SCAN Group is the sole corporate member of SCAN Health Plan, one of the nation’s leading not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plans, serving more than 270,000 members in California, Arizona, and Nevada.
SCAN has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping seniors healthy and independent for more than 40 years and is known throughout the healthcare industry and nationally as a leading expert in senior healthcare.
SCAN employees are a group of talented, passionate professionals who are committed to supporting older adults on their aging journey, while also innovating healthcare for seniors everywhere. Employees are provided in-depth training and access to state-of-the-art tools necessary to do their jobs, as well as development and growth opportunities. SCAN takes great pride in recognizing our team members as experts in their fields and rewarding them for their efforts.
Responsible for working within a multi-disciplinary clinical team to promote effective, safe, and cost-conscious drug therapy to members enrolled in the plan serviced by the Integrated Care Team.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to provide collaborative chronic disease management through direct patient care or through consultation with the primary NP and PCP. Disease states include but are not limited to Diabetes, Heart failure, Hypertension, Asthma, and COPD.
- Complete comprehensive medication reviews for patients with specific high-risk medication concerns high-risk disease states, members who are at high risk for rehospitalization, or during transitions of care including post hospital discharge. This includes review for clinical appropriateness, drug-drug interactions, adverse drug reactions, clinical efficacy, and response, reviewing corresponding labs, etc. Make recommendations to the primary NP and PCP regarding medication changes.
- Execute protocols regarding appropriate medication use for members, including de-prescribing protocols and high-risk medication review to address polypharmacy and clinical appropriateness of medications.
- Execute pharmacy-specific initiatives across the entire membership enrolled in the plan serviced by the Integrated Care Team to achieve quality outcomes. Responsible for working with members, clinical care team and SCAN pharmacy team to achieve 5 Star performance on all pharmacy related star measures- medication adherence, SUPD, SPC, MTM.
- Provide training to the clinical staff in association with pharmacy-specific initiatives and general clinical training at a regular cadence. Communicate and work collaboratively with the clinical team to ensure interventions are aligned with pharmacy-based goals.
- Responsible for supporting Enrollment Specialist team with member-specific medication questions, in-services in the communities serviced by the integrated care team and other pharmacy-specific needs.
- Responsible for the review and approval of certain Part B medications for members enrolled in the plan serviced by the Integrated Care Team.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with regard to operations and enhanced member/provider experience.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Actively support the achievement of SCAN’s Vision and Goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (PharmD) required
- Valid and active pharmacy license issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy. Willingness to apply for Arizona pharmacy license.
- Basic Life Support Certification – preferred
- Vaccine Training Certification – preferred
- Board Certification- Pharmacotherapy, Ambulatory Care, Geriatrics – preferred
- Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent clinical practice experience.
- Minimum of two years of strong clinical pharmacy experience (required)
- Responsible for having a strong clinical background and knowledge of chronic disease states such as diabetes, heart failure, hypertension, Asthma and COPD (required)
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional driving/travel in the CA area required
What’s in it for you?
- Base pay range: $125,400.00 to $200,600.00
- Work Mode: Remote
- An annual employee bonus program
- Robust Wellness Program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- 11 paid holidays per year, plus 1 additional floating holiday
- Excellent 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan with employer match
- Robust employee recognition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- An opportunity to become part of a team that makes a difference to our members and our community every day!
- We’re always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!
At SCAN, we believe that it is our business to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
SCAN is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Individuals seeking employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty toApply Now